IGNORED

NES - Star Code Boxes, Circle-T Manuals, and Star Code Manuals

24 minutes ago, Columbus said:

Take a look at info@watagames and they have a illustrated examples of ⭐ code MARIO BROTHERS 

You want me to look at an email address? How do I do that?

I just looked at their Black Box variant list again and confirmed there are only 2 games that ever came with a star code box and Mario Bros. is not one of them. The only USA version games that came with a star code box are Gofl and Super Mario Bros.

Edited by Code Monkey

1 hour ago, Columbus said:

That would help ...wouldn't it ...😊 We are speaking about Mario brothers black box U.S.A. ⭐ code. GP Rev-A , oval seal .

Every example of USA ⭐code oval soq I have researched has the (R) mark . Only the Canadian ⭐ code has (TM) . 

55 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Mario Bros. was never released with a star code box.

25 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I just looked at their Black Box variant list again and confirmed there are only 2 games that ever came with a star code box and Mario Bros. is not one of them. The only USA version games that came with a star code box are Gofl and Super Mario Bros.

I'm going to guess that Columbus is referring to Super Mario Bros. instead of just Mario Bros.

1 hour ago, Columbus said:

So my question remains unanswered...

Is this SUPER MARIO BROS u.s.a ⭐ VARIANT oval SOQ (TM) a new discovery?

Not exactly.

I’ve known about it personally for a little over a year. WATA’s list is outdated and they are aware of the variant though.

Don’t take any one source as gospel. No one person or entity is an absolute authority for all information in the hobby.

• Like 1

What makes little if any sense is ....WATA not being up to date yet knowing  this variant exist.....???? How long does it take to reconize or simply update the site and info? And why can't I find any documentation or see this variation offered in description for others for sale or sold ones? I appreciate your time in giving your input! I'm still confused ... especially with WATA and there " complete" list of star variants? They ask the community to help discover unknown variables yet when one is discovered ....no action is taken , no web site update?? How do I sell it when my description doesn't match the official records??? How much do I charge for an item in which no sales are documented of such a variable or more then a year later is still not recognized???

I can’t say with absolute certainty that they know about it, but I have posted photos of my two copies, and have had Kenneth like the photo...in that page on my Instagram I also call out wata for not having it in their list.

So, if Kenneth seen it…then it can be inferred that he’s aware of it now.

That aside, their Black Box guide is just that, a guide. A lot of new information has come out since the inception of wata and there’s only so much they can process.

• Like 2

I can understand your frustrations with their word choice. It was truly definitive and comprehensive at the time of publication though.

The speed of the hobby is ever increasing, not just in terms of price, but also in discover of information. I might even say that within the inner circles of research hobbyist, the speed of information has been FAR faster than price, and that’s saying a lot.

In terms of price? I don’t sell anything in my collection so I can’t say.

I only sell if it’s out of necessity, or to friends. Even then, if it’s for their permanent collection I just sell at cost. If I know they’re gonna resell it soon then I play hardball, but even still I give them some leeway.

Understood. Can you suggest a resource that can definitively provide confirmation of said variant? I would like to put it on the market and I see that the star variants both USA and Canadian (TM) OR (R) MARK are being offered at a range of 400-1000$ give or take ....but what about my game? How does one put a value on a variant that can not be validated or referenced by leading authority's/sources from previous sales record??? Every variant other then mine can be validated and valuated??? Wtf

3 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Not exactly.

I’ve known about it personally for a little over a year. WATA’s list is outdated and they are aware of the variant though.

Don’t take any one source as gospel. No one person or entity is an absolute authority for all information in the hobby.

I too have this variant that was not on Wata's original list. 🙂 It may be more common than thought.

Edited by Divingninja
  • Like 1

Ok...so the going consensus is watagames Definitive list is NOT , in fact ,definitive or accurate. And in a field that specializes in grading and valuing said games ...that are currently selling for millions can't find the time or effort to submit such a variant that in fact could yeild and or generate serious revenue for the business would fail to even mention it's existence???? Can anyone post a photo of there variant USA star code Rev-A oval SOQ bearing (TM) ? so far I've yet to see it and if you do own said variant how do you value it? 

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, Columbus said:

And how would you come to know that wata is aware of this ?? If they don't , can't, won't simply update there "complete" list of variants....yet there in the business of selling 2 million $ items ?? Based upon rarity when knowing there is such an item but not recognizing it??? 

Wata doesn't sell $2m items. 

• Love 1

Well they certainly graded and had a huge hand in the process of authenticating and representing such items. Heritage auction sold it.... That's like, if heritage auctions was a go-to authority on authentication .. knew of a potential possible revenue maker yet failed to recognize it... How much sense would that make? 

Okay...you got me!????

WATA games have a huge part in the evaluation and validation of said items that are currently selling for millions.... Is that better? Do you believe that sale would have ever gotten close to that without a reputable DEFINITIVE valuation company to insure authenticity??? NO. Therefore wata games has a huge part in the sales of said items. Jesus crimeidy already. Smh

Everyone who took the time to help or give sound advice or there own personal experiences in attempts to answer my questions ..THANK YOU ! I appreciate it.

To the few who have nothing better then to attempt to make comments that hold no bearing to anything helpful.....well....you have to live your life  without friends ! 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Columbus said:

Stupid ass! What value do you bring to the table? None is the answer. You got nothing but troll breath

@Gloves *is* the table in this analogy. But here’s a photo of mine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP_wYvoHa79/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edit: Also, as I said before. Their list was THE definitive list out there. I will go ahead and finally say publicly that I am one of the worlds leading experts in NES variant archival, and even I, or peers that I look up to did not know about.

I agree that they should update their list; but that doesn’t mean their list isn’t great. It just means it’s incomplete as of the discovery of new variants.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 2