IGNORED

Can I Kick It?

DarkTone

.......So I'm just keeping up with the thread and, wow. 

Like I said, the horror that was MN9 didn't stop me, or slow me down. One of the more recent games I backed, let me make a weapon in the game which I loved. Then everyone who backed to have their face in the game, got upgraded to being an NPC. I dont have bucket list, but being part of a video game has been a dream. Now I own a physical copy of it. 

The last game I backed let me make a boss. Working with the makers and seeing the process is really fun. 

.......So I'm just keeping up with the thread and, wow. 

Like I said, the horror that was MN9 didn't stop me, or slow me down. One of the more recent games I backed, let me make a weapon in the game which I loved. Then everyone who backed to have their face in the game, got upgraded to being an NPC. I dont have bucket list, but being part of a video game has been a dream. Now I own a physical copy of it. 

The last game I backed let me make a boss. Working with the makers and seeing the process is really fun. 

• 10 months later...

I went from never seeing any hollow knight footage, to not stopping watching vids on it. Forgot it started as a kickstarter so I looked through the tiers. Jealous that I never got to make a character in this. Pure ignorance. Saw the campaign while it was live and left it. Now I'm down a rabbit hole looking for more info. 

Still waiting for my Kickstarter Famicom version of Project Blue. Pure rubbish imo, as the game was done iirc so it was just about making a fancy package and a language translation. 

It's at the point I'll probably change addresses before this ever comes to fruition. By now, I really don't care for Kickstarter, and I think a lot probably feel the same, paying up front to back the dreams of others, keyword is dreams 

😢

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Still waiting for my Kickstarter Famicom version of Project Blue. Pure rubbish imo, as the game was done iirc so it was just about making a fancy package and a language translation. 

It's at the point I'll probably change addresses before this ever comes to fruition. By now, I really don't care for Kickstarter, and I think a lot probably feel the same, paying up front to back the dreams of others, keyword is dreams 

😢

Holy crap I got my nes version like last year or the year before 

Events Team · Posted

@toggle switch

Update on the KS Famicom carts?

11 hours ago, fcgamer said:

😢

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fcgamer said:

😢

Wasn’t this game already made a physical print from first press games?

26 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Wasn’t this game already made a physical print from first press games?

I'm not sure, last I heard I think SE were awaiting parts due to covid-19, but that brings up a whole other issue that my professional musician friend mentioned a few weeks back, i.e. backers receiving the product later than the generals. It's shit no matter how one slices it, and personally out of respect for the community, from my experience I'll never use ks to fund a project.

4 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Yep.  And it's in stock.  

FyTw28S.jpg

@fcgamer you might try to contact first press.  They were the ones fulfilling the KS FC carts I think.

Thanks! I'll do that.

This definitely echo's what my musician friend said though, that's shite I didn't get mine yet it's available in regular edition. Furthermore, it's all irrelevant since they made the rom available to backers years ago and I completed it, so I'm literally waiting for a shelf piece . 😞

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I'm not sure, last I heard I think SE were awaiting parts due to covid-19, but that brings up a whole other issue that my professional musician friend mentioned a few weeks back, i.e. backers receiving the product later than the generals. It's shit no matter how one slices it, and personally out of respect for the community, from my experience I'll never use ks to fund a project.

Same happened with MN9. Non backers could buy a retail copy before backers got any version. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

This just ruins ks for me.

Absolutely understandable. That was the first KS I backed and it was a nightmare. But since then I've backed 6 more projects, and 3 at high tiers. Its completely a gamble if it works out, but I'm trying to not let MN9 stop me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@fcgamer

@JamesRobot

hey guys, sorry for the slow response, i wasn't ignoring you, this just isn't a great place to get in touch with me as i'm just visiting the site for the first time in weeks or longer. 

regarding famicom copies of project blue - if you got a regular edition copy, you definitely should have received it months ago, so you should contact First Press Games about that. 

if you are waiting for one of the other versions, i am truly sorry about the delay. it's out of my hands since i am not producing those and the famicom kickstarter was not run by us, but it's nonetheless frustrating for me to see comments like these. 

i have harassed First Press about the delay, and have been assured that they are working to get them released. last i heard they are trying to get collector's editions shipped in september, so hopefully soon. 

• Thanks 2