IGNORED

Foochie’s NES journey

Foochie776

I figured since I finally surpassed the 400 mark, it would be fun to track the back half of the library. 

I am working on completing a loose licensed set (minus stadium events) for now. After I finish that I’ll be doing unlicensed and other random games I find of interest. I am working on variants as well, 3 & 5 screws as well as major label variants. 🙂  

here we are at 405 unique titles strong 

A3504741-3CEE-4DCF-AA97-8CD03F763793.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

400 is where the fun part begins.

Im sitting around the same amount, but I went after the “heavies” and rare inserts first, so things are actually getting easier for me the deeper I dive.

I envy that. I did get alot of the heavies out of the way but the cheapest on the last 10 I needed was warriors of destiny and it just went downhill from there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I remember that game, not as bad as the movie, but it's up there.

Funny thing, I had a hand in the original release of that coming to and working on the internet in 1995/96. 😉  I was one of the few people who knew how to take split ROMS and get them with a little light hacking to work in Pasofami(emulator from Japan) and that one I got playable.  Took a little work, so I had to tinker with the game, so I do know it stinks, just not movie bad. 😄

On 8/7/2021 at 5:57 PM, Foochie776 said:

Ah yes, expensive filler 😅

368D4404-CB55-42E6-8139-EF04ABA465FE.jpeg

Do you have a list somewhere of what you still need? I'd be happy to help fellow collectors towards their full set if I come across doubles I have that they still need

Im at about 575 with some 3&5 screw variants and the number of crappy $$$ games is really adding up. I recently took everything in my spreadsheet of games that I have left and dumped it in PriceCharting, put the values back into the sheet, and just sorted by value so I could start grabbing some of the cheaper ones to make me feel better filling my shelves 😅 Fortunately there are still a bunch of relatively cheap ones I've somehow missed. Maybe it will be the same for you 🙂 

10 hours ago, GharetSaiDe said:

Do you have a list somewhere of what you still need? I'd be happy to help fellow collectors towards their full set if I come across doubles I have that they still need

Im at about 575 with some 3&5 screw variants and the number of crappy $$$ games is really adding up. I recently took everything in my spreadsheet of games that I have left and dumped it in PriceCharting, put the values back into the sheet, and just sorted by value so I could start grabbing some of the cheaper ones to make me feel better filling my shelves 😅 Fortunately there are still a bunch of relatively cheap ones I've somehow missed. Maybe it will be the same for you 🙂 

I do have a list! I think it’s accurate right now, I know I have a few more to tick off of it. I’ve got all but 3 of the obtainable 5 screws and then I’ve been working on some of the oddball 3 screw stuff too. There’s a handful of sub $20 games I need and a lot of popular stuff too.. my list is actually kind of funny 😅

17 minutes ago, Foochie776 said:

I stopped by the mall today with my girlfriend so I had to check out the game store. 

They had several other titles I needed, Terminator, Robocop 3, Pugsleys Scavenger Hunt but I think I got the lone good deal. Picked Cliffhanger with manual for $79.99. 🙂

34D07C31-ED8E-4721-B1DF-6516005799A5.jpeg

Hey my cliffhanger label is coming off at the top too! Always the same damn games that have this issue 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Foochie776 said:

I’m missing a lot of this commons. I don’t own Contra, Kirby or half of the mega mans 😅

No Contra? Wow, so when will you be picking up SMB/DH? 🙂 

I've always gone for quantity over quality so I'm pretty much par for commons, but I don't really have any heavy hitters out of the way. I think my rarest NES game might be Pro Sport Hockey, so that's a pretty low bar. But I'm still happy to knock new ones off the list even if they're more expensive now. Looking forward to seeing your future pickups though! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alder said:

I've always gone for quantity over quality so I'm pretty much par for commons, but I don't really have any heavy hitters out of the way. I think my rarest NES game might be Pro Sport Hockey, so that's a pretty low bar. But I'm still happy to knock new ones off the list even if they're more expensive now. Looking forward to seeing your future pickups though! 

Always happy to hear that from an old timer 🙂 I don’t have Pro Sport Hockey, that’s a big one to have down. I have some better titles coming in real soon. 

and for the record.. I have both Mario duck hunt variants 😉 

8 hours ago, Alder said:

If you think prices are going to continue to rise, and you want to go for a fullset, the cheapest way is to do quality first. Commons usually stay cheap over the long run. The hard to find stuff does not. 

• Like 1