IGNORED

Valve announces Steam Deck

Brickman

Social Team · Posted
15 minutes ago, B.A. said:

Mine is supposed to be delivered today!

Excited Pumped Up GIF by NBA

You hyped?  Still waiting for the e-mail to come to be able to finalize the purchase.  I'm buying the Steam Deck for my partner as a combined Valentines Day and Birthday gift.  She's a big PC gamer and wants to play her PC games yet not sit at her desk that she already does all day (she's a 100% remote worker).  I don't think she realizes how much she's going to love it since she can lounge on the couch and do her thing (Going Medieval, Civilization VI, Sims, etc.) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 3:00 AM, ZeldaFreak said:

A loooooong time most likely. Probably, at best, maybe this time next year, but even that's a somewhat optimistic estimate I feel.

I placed my pre-order around 3 days after pre-orders first opened, and according to a handy little bot someone made to estimate your time in the queue, I'm roughly 10% of the way to my order email. Probably won't get mine 'til maybe very late August or early September.

Valve said, around the time of this post actually, that every preorder before mid July should be processed before the end of the year bc they're ramped up production a ton. 

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Valve said, around the time of this post actually, that every preorder before mid July should be processed before the end of the year bc they're ramped up production a ton. 

Yeah, I made that post right before I learned they had ramped up production, haha. It was either right before they announced that, or right after

I've gotten my Steam Deck actually, only got it a couple days ago but definitely really liking it so far.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yeah, I made that post right before I learned they had ramped up production, haha. It was either right before they announced that, or right after

I've gotten my Steam Deck actually, only got it a couple days ago but definitely really liking it so far.

I wouldn’t mind a mini review when you get some more time to use it.

Unfortunately no word for a release in my region yet 😞

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Does anyone have the dock? I assume it's like the Switch - plug into tv and suddenly - pc on tv? 

You can apparently use most USB C docks out there if you have one already for a laptop.

However it does look like the official Valve one is reasonably priced considering what some docks go for.

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Does anyone have the dock? I assume it's like the Switch - plug into tv and suddenly - pc on tv? 

I mean it only just finally came out like a few days ago, I'd assume nobody has it yet. Obviously I don't have it, but yes, that's essentially the gist of it. It's that, plus an ethernet port and a handful of USB ports. But yeah, like Brick said you can also use pretty much any USB C dock that functions in a similar manner, doesn't have to be the Valve official one. In fact I think Valve even said in their last update video that the improvements they've been making on the software end for the official Dock will carry over to any other dock as well, which is pretty cool that they explicitly mention that you can totally just get any other dock and it'll also work, don't have to get theirs if you don't want to. I'll almost certainly get it at some point in the future.

• 1 year later...
On 7/17/2021 at 2:50 AM, Strange said:

I guess I’m just jaded but I feel like we’ve seen this shiny new toy song and dance come and go in various iterations with various companies. We’ll see but I’m not holding my breath just yet

Total necromancy here, sorry, but I’m not too proud to admit when I’m wrong. I love the Steam Deck. It’s my main gaming device now. I still use my PS5/Switch/regular PC occasionally but the SD has become my go-to.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Strange said:

Total necromancy here, sorry, but I’m not too proud to admit when I’m wrong. I love the Steam Deck. It’s my main gaming device now. I still use my PS5/Switch/regular PC occasionally but the SD has become my go-to.

I've also been enjoying it quite a bit, though I figured I probably would so slightly different situation on my end.

1 hour ago, Strange said:

It still isn’t released here but I found one on eBay for a great deal that included a 1tb memory card. It is my main gaming device currently as well. The versatility this thing has is incredible and it has decent battery life for the quality it produces.

• Like 1