IGNORED

What is your best world ranking or gaming achievements?

GPX

20 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

It sounds right up my alley. I didn't really play alot of different snes games growing up. It was pretty much SF2, Mario kart, or a few different rpgs.

I never really played any SNES games competitively, so I don't have much to show in the way of impressive scores other than my Super Punch Out times and breaking the 600k population mark in SimCity to technically beat the game.

5 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Mr. Sandman was one of the toughest to do fast. You need exact timing for some of those punches.

That's probably the one I had the most trouble with. My top 8 times range from 14.81 to 16.47 seconds. Your Aran Ryan and Bear Hugger times are better than mine by a few tenths of a second, but I must be missing something on Mr. Sandman if I'm 1.4 seconds off since that's actually quite a bit of time.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's probably the one I had the most trouble with. My top 8 times range from 14.81 to 16.47 seconds. Your Aran Ryan and Bear Hugger times are better than mine by a few tenths of a second, but I must be missing something on Mr. Sandman if I'm 1.4 seconds off since that's actually quite a bit of time.

And I got all those times playing on computer on an emulator whereas I'm sure you played on real hardware. Fortunately Super Punch-Out isn't nearly as affected by lag as Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

And I got all those times playing on computer on an emulator whereas I'm sure you played on real hardware. Fortunately Super Punch-Out isn't nearly as affected by lag as Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.

I can't stand emulator lag. I remember during the 2015 Puzznic contest I couldn't do anything playing on an emulator because of the lag, but I was lucky enough to find a cart locally for $5 and I ended up finishing 2nd, which was my best finish in a puzzle genre contest.

14 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Not a world record, but probably the best I'll ever do on a real NES.

I don't find this too difficult anymore, except for the final section. Still, I didn't expect to beat it without taking any damage.

You should try to beat Battletoads if you haven't already. You're a good enough gamer to do it.

On 11/16/2019 at 9:44 AM, mbd39 said:

Mr. Sandman was one of the toughest to do fast. You need exact timing for some of those punches.

I managed to get a time in the low 13 second range the other day so now I just need to remember the strategy. I used to keep a notebook next to the TV as a kid to write down notes, tips, draw maps or any other helpful info. I should probably do that again.

• 2 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 6:39 AM, Makar said:

I won the 10th Tetris 99 Maximus cup well technically I was in the top 999) but I did win 999 gold coins to use on the eShop so that's definitely my best gaming accomplishment ever

Can you clarify further what is this “Tetris 99 Maximus Cup”?

1 hour ago, GPX said:

Can you clarify further what is this “Tetris 99 Maximus Cup”?

So it's for Tetris 99. They've been having these tournaments (11 of them now) and for some of them you can win 999 gold coins if you finish in the top 999 for the event. The problem for me is the event always takes place on the weekend and I never have free time on the weekend so although I have a 19.5% win rate for my over 500 matches played, I have only gotten top 999 in one tournament. Still hoping I somehow placed in the last one with only 935 points.

• Like 1