IGNORED

What is your best world ranking or gaming achievements?

GPX

On NES, beating Castlevania without dying. The hardest part to me is the fight with Death. So my strategy was to always have the third upgrade for holy water and kill him without even letting him move. The rest of the game is fine with a bit of practice.

Also, Stinger (NES) I was about to loop the score. It maxes out at 100,000,000. This was during the weekly contest finals in 2015. @Redmanaged to pull it off and loop it. I got to ~98,000,000 when I left it on pause. I planned to make a video of the event in the morning. I shit you not, the power went out overnight. I was crushed. Lol. Here is the last picture I took on that fateful night. That contest was a wild ride. 

20150728_140401_IMG_9966.JPG

Edited by acromite53
  • Like 2

Mario kart DS - my online record was 250-3

Tetris 99 - I have a 20% win percentage for the over 500 matches I've played in online.

Yu-Gi-Oh world championship 2011 - I have an over 100 duel win streak going on right now. 

Mario strikers charged - when they had The online mode, I was top 10 in the world for a couple hours one day. Couldn't play it 24/7 like some of the crazies, but I held my own for as long as I could.

Damn, I've been going over the archived NA posts at GoCollect, and shit, I had no idea I was missed that much. And here I was all that time feeling fucking miserable and all I had to do is keep playing NES even if only on emulator and go back to NA when it was still good. Almost got tears in my eyes. Was just reading 2013 Bad Dudes competition, sure was some issues regarding the what is point racking and not especially with the green ninja boss and the charge punch. I went looking over there because I've been going over my game accomplishments and found I was missing one major accomplishment (probably more) that I remember all too well, Little Nemo the Dream Master beaten without dying (I know I did it because I recorded it, but like everything it was deleted during one of my self destructive moments), but I only have documents up to some point in 2012 so either happened later that year or the next and if I do have it's probably on my old hard drive from my previous laptop, though I wonder if the hard drive is even still any good, sucks anyway. Hey, but I did all this kick ass shit then, I can do it again. Maybe. Weird that so much time has passed since I was big into the record keeping and beating NES games I had forgotten a lot of my achievements.

10 minutes ago, MeganJoanne said:

Damn, I've been going over the archived NA posts at GoCollect, and shit, I had no idea I was missed that much. And here I was all that time feeling fucking miserable and all I had to do is keep playing NES even if only on emulator and go back to NA when it was still good. Almost got tears in my eyes. Was just reading 2013 Bad Dudes competition, sure was some issues regarding the what is point racking and not especially with the green ninja boss and the charge punch. I went looking over there because I've been going over my game accomplishments and found I was missing one major accomplishment (probably more) that I remember all too well, Little Nemo the Dream Master beaten without dying (I know I did it because I recorded it, but like everything it was deleted during one of my self destructive moments), but I only have documents up to some point in 2012 so either happened later that year or the next and if I do have it's probably on my old hard drive from my previous laptop, though I wonder if the hard drive is even still any good, sucks anyway. Hey, but I did all this kick ass shit then, I can do it again. Maybe. Weird that so much time has passed since I was big into the record keeping and beating NES games I had forgotten a lot of my achievements.

You should play some next season. Show these new guys how it's done!

I used to be a speedrunner so there are a few world records I still hold (mostly because the games I ran were obscure and weird ones). Besides that, I've made top 3 in quite a few Street Fighter tournaments. Those are all nice but the placement I'm happiest about is being at the top of the Ninja Saviors PS4 leaderboard. I was first place in the main category for a while but I've been pushed down to fifth or so. I believe I'm still first place for the co-op leaderboard, having played it alongside my girl. 

Oh yeah, also #1 ranked on the score leaderboard for Arcade Archives Kid Niki: Radical Ninja for PS4, which is neat, even though playing Kid Niki for points is a complete grind-fest. 

Edit: Can't believe I forgot about it, but another favorite achievement of mine is my world record score for Hammerin Harry arcade, my all-time favorite game. It's unverified, but can't find a higher score out there anywhere.

Edited by SasoriVader

We'll see what happens, but it's something I am considering, it's not like I don't have access to every game in the NES library, though it will depend on how long my laptop lasts for, and my mental state. Hey, but I got the games, thus if everything is still in working order next year all I need is a good frame of mind and motivation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MeganJoanne said:

We'll see what happens, but it's something I am considering, it's not like I don't have access to every game in the NES library, though it will depend on how long my laptop lasts for, and my mental state. Hey, but I got the games, thus if everything is still in working order next year all I need is a good frame of mind and motivation.

I hope you get some time to play. It would be great to see you participating in the contests again!

1 hour ago, MeganJoanne said:

Would be good to see you there!

On 11/6/2019 at 7:06 PM, BriGuy82 said:

Lol, no I'm more proud of knocking out Mike Tyson in the first round. But I don't remember what the time was. I had it written down on NA. 🤨

How are you at Super Punch Out? Here's some times for you to shoot for. My Circuit scores need some work though.

1116190841.jpg

50 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

Lol, I have literally never played it. If I can find my snes powerpak I'll give it a shot though. 

I can't believe you never played Super Punch Out with your MTPO times. The time attack mode is just like the MTPO weekly contest except you just fight one boxer and you can pick which one you want so if you make a mistake, you can start right over. It saves your top 8 times for each boxer so you can see how much you've improved and it displays your overall best times on the personal records page. I'm sure you'll like it if you give it a try. It basically plays like the Punch Out arcade games so it's a change of pace.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

9 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I can't believe you never played Super Punch Out with your MTPO times. The time attack mode is just like the MTPO weekly contest except you just fight one boxer and you can pick which one you want so if you make a mistake, you can start right over. It saves your top 7 times for each boxer so you can see how much you've improved and it displays your overall best times on the personal records page. I'm sure you'll like it if you give it a try. It basically plays like the Punch Out arcade games so it's a change of pace.

It sounds right up my alley. I didn't really play alot of different snes games growing up. It was pretty much SF2, Mario kart, or a few different rpgs.