IGNORED

What is your best world ranking or gaming achievements?

GPX

My favorite accomplishment I ever had was beating Castlevania without dying and not even realizing it. My buddy pointed it out to me and I didnt believe him until my brother backed him up.

I also brute forced my way through Japanese Mario 2 on an actual Disk System on stream once.  No warps so I got to see world 9.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alder said:

Nice, I never went for any TG stuff, but regardless of its current credibility, it's really cool to have claimed a record on there 🙂

Are there any Runescape accomplishments in particular you remember? I have a lot of fun thinking back to that. I remember my first fire cape being pretty exciting 😛 

Holy shit, you have two maxed accounts? Lordy. 

I stayed up back in early high school fishing Monkfish in Piscatoris for 76 hours straight to hit 99 before Spring Break was over. Lol. Not healthy AT ALL but I was stoked to have my first 99 at the time and some decent cash from fishing Monkfish to 99.

Fire cape was pretty fun. I think other than a handful of 99s during the "non ezscape days", some of my favorite "accomplishments" were some Castle Wars binges with my (casual) clan. We just had so much fun.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

Twin Galaxies doesn't have the credibility or significance it used to, but I do have the TG record for Sky Kid on the NES, one of my favorite games. https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/sky-kid/nintendo-entertainment-system/ntsc-points/

When Namco Museum launched on the Switch, I had #1 in the Sky Kid Challenge Mode for a while. Last time I checked, two or three people maxed it out (I guess they put a max score on the challenge mode), and bumped me off. I could go back and max it, but of course if you tie scores, whoever got it first has the highest rank, so that's not very motivating. Lol. I kkinda regret not pushing it further, but I didn't know it had a cap.

Nearly a decade (?!) ago I made it a point to beat as many notoriously hard NES games I can. Ghosts n' Goblins, Battletoads, etc. and I'm still fairly proud of that.

That probably covers it other than various platinum trophies and stuff. Or old RuneScape accomplishments.

Speaking of Ghost n Goblins, 2 of my finest gaming achievements (on a personal level) were completing Ghouls n Ghosts on the Megadrive and Super Ghouls n Ghosts on the SNES. Nostalgia for so many reasons:

- badass bosses

- incredible graphics and atmosphere (for its time)

- hard enough doing it once, but to fully complete the game to reach the final boss, you need to do another run of the levels!

I was the first person to ever beat Happy Camper for the NES when NGD released it.  Not easy, and I personally believe it's the best Color Dreams game ever, released or otherwise.

I lent my copy to Roth and never got it back lol.

Edit:  I ruined Ghosts n Goblins as well.  Many have, but it's a staple of "hard games", so worth a nod.

Edited by MrMark0673
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ookii_risu said:

My greatest personal achievement was 1.7 million in DK Jr. for the NES. Kept trying to beat Tom's then top score of 2.2 million, but before I could get there someone posted a score of over 4 million so I was pretty well done with it lol. I love the game, but there's no way I can sit still that long!

Nice. I remember bertsampson got some crazy score when we played DK Jr. in 2016.

This year we had a one loop contest. It made for much quicker runs.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1

Supposedly, I was the first person that Nintendo Power was aware of that beat Castlevania III.  I got it for Christmas the year it came out in the US, sat down to play it as soon as gifts were done and beat it either late that night or early the next morning.  Took a snapshot, mailed it off with a note to Nintendo Power and ended up getting back what now seems like a pseduo form latter congratulating me on my achievement, telling me that I was the first to report beating the game and that the photo I'd provided plus my name would appear in a subsequent issue.  That never happened, so I assume I either received that notice in error or everybody who sent in screenshots ended up with a similar message.  I've long since lost the paperwork (kept it in the box for the game which ended up being destroyed by water in my parents' basement), but it's a neat memory, even if the achievement likely wasn't real.

• Like 2

Too many things, nothing world recordly though. Used to have recordings of a lot, but those are long gone. Perhaps it's time to give it yet another go and maybe this time not delete everything. Something I've been thinking about anyway, kick some game ass like I used to. Perhaps I need some motivation, I'd gone from hardcore to lazy over the years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MeganJoanne said:

Too many things, nothing world recordly though. Used to have recordings of a lot, but those are long gone. Perhaps it's time to give it yet another go and maybe this time not delete everything. Something I've been thinking about anyway, kick some game ass like I used to. Perhaps I need some motivation, I'd gone from hardcore to lazy over the years.

What were some of the highlights among the “too many things”?

21 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

Holy shit, you have two maxed accounts? Lordy. 

I stayed up back in early high school fishing Monkfish in Piscatoris for 76 hours straight to hit 99 before Spring Break was over. Lol. Not healthy AT ALL but I was stoked to have my first 99 at the time and some decent cash from fishing Monkfish to 99.

Fire cape was pretty fun. I think other than a handful of 99s during the "non ezscape days", some of my favorite "accomplishments" were some Castle Wars binges with my (casual) clan. We just had so much fun.

Holy cow, I might've cracked 50 hours once or twice, but it wasn't because of RS. I caught like 30k monkfish but ended up doing trout/salmon to 90 (I have no idea why) and barbarian with mousekeys to 99.

4 hours ago, GPX said:

What were some of the highlights among the “too many things”?

Every game beaten is an worthy accomplishment, though beaten quite a bit no deaths (somewhere over 50 NES of the 270ish I beat), one of the biggest was Batman 6 times in a row without dying (almost pulled off a 7th but my stamina was fading), Ninja Gaiden no deaths, special ways such as whip only for Castlevania or fist only in Shatterhand, and hell just beating Battletoads even once was a massive one for me (thanks to the NA contest for that one, hell of a motivator for me back then), and beating Marble Madness more than any other game (176 times if my count is correct, all in the week of a Nintendo Age contest). And lots more. I used to keep very accurate records on everything I beat from 2002 to 2012, still have them all, just don't get into the heavy record keeping anymore. I stopped keeping records after I left NA some years ago and then became homeless for a second time, after that just didn't give a @#$% anymore, so barely touched any of the old classics even though still in easy access via emulator. I have messed around in a game once in a while over the years since, but nothing really heavy or serious. But there was those years which seems like ages ago that I was damn awesome. Most of it was NES, almost always, though have some good achievements for the PS1 as well. If interested, got 'em here, should be viewable. Oh, but don't click in any links (youtube, photobucket, whatever), all dead. Some documents have html in them so might look like a mess if viewing in regular text mode, but most do not.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QHyPSAjqclzcq4Sgts2ACGsea8dysPmA?usp=sharing

Also for a few years I kept a gaming journal (progress, purchases, other related stuff going on).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FV4j9kOO8E-iPFrURcYqLH8GN4wD8xCG?usp=sharing

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 9:09 PM, guillavoie said:

One time I stupidly blew up what was an incredible Marble Madness run (right at the start of the last race), and that made me so mad that I furiously bend my NES controller to the point of breaking the circuit board inside in two pieces. To this day, I still consider this to be my best gaming achievement.

You could bend my controller any day.🤫

• Haha 2