IGNORED

Game area tour (version 2)

goldenpp72

Some months ago I patched up my game area in preparation for a BBQ, so a lot of it wasn't quite where I wanted it and is in the process of being updated here and there. I'm hoping to basically have it how I want it within some months, but I figured I could post the current shots and maybe post the final product later 😛

Here is a link to all the photos I have in that album but i'll post some in the main body too. If you have any questions or anything feel free, I answer anything I can.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/d3mu5RRiv5DR9W7r5

Va8MzfkI8uT27git7SNgmNW441UnFprT0JEHnJ4T

9GUpU-QYXKv4_vfWx_83dIF5L44tCV-fAhXL8F04

uUSfMGMFGE1w_rhZg46qjYfXIgb1NoR3tYERDX0-

PLH7BT36PXgrLQieCFfe0ug25-PYgAbUr5WYnQsZ

SqKvE-Npevhc0_lJ7DrshEdGUwOvtAKJqcbc4sOV

R52Bg2UXZoV0f8EomY53xlRNUzv1tW_J0W55m6br

xrakNUECZDiRJlYP1548l7lQSEIRAo99sKWSne9k

t8eMew46aGFqDjbuyEBFL7WdMh-QOESbpQPm_Lng

eLPVhX3uw6A_YyNnEJkqQLommB9QpgKW5l_HVZ3P

IkiZ1ePlHL1uynz8Gid5EJSYd2zPhjixB3KtC-RM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 4

4 hours ago, drxandy said:

Dream setup! Really nicely organized dooood!

I really like the freestanding shelf area containing the foosball, very library-esque

It was surprisingly annoying to setup. We had a different setup in a similarly large area in our older house but this one was open concept, we had an initial plan but stupidly did not factor that light is a thing. The amount of times we had to reconfigure it to work with actual lighting was pretty mind numbing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, m308gunner said:

Great setup. Not too cluttered, and using the available space well. My only question. Is there actually room enough for pool ques around that pool table?

Yes but it does require some care. Actually the pool table is exactly where it was when we bought the house (it came with it) and we didn't really take up any extra space when working around it. We have shorter sticks and longer sticks depending on what you end up needing so it's still pretty functional. I tried to keep the more expensive things away from that area as well but since it's mostly just my fiancee and I down there, we know not to play like drunken fools. The stuff I put on the bookshelves on the side were purposely DS/3DS/PSP/Vita games because they are basically impossible to damage in that area as well 😛

Edited by goldenpp72

An amazing collection paired with an amazing setup.  Congrats on an exceptional collection and soooooo much CIB, all of it looking like it's in quality condition too.

How long have you been collecting?

EDIT

Better question, who were you on NA?  I recognize your avatar but I can't place it with the name.

Edited by RH

2 hours ago, VGCollectaholic said:

Amazingly well-done!  Absolutely love the organization on everything.   What shelving units are you using?   The height on them looks excellent.

They are called Billy book cases from Ikea, which is a pretty popular sort of shelf for collectors. I like them because they are both inexpensive but also very sturdy for the price, you can also buy additional shelves for each case and they have slimmer versions to help fill in unusual gaps. They even sell corner hardware there to help solidify angled shelves into straight ones though I did not need to use them in my house here 😛

2 hours ago, RH said:

An amazing collection paired with an amazing setup.  Congrats on an exceptional collection and soooooo much CIB, all of it looking like it's in quality condition too.

How long have you been collecting?

EDIT

Better question, who were you on NA?  I recognize your avatar but I can't place it with the name.

I believe every game that can have a box and manual does have one aside a couple exceptions (I think 2 or 3 games are missing manuals) and I do my best to keep the condition pretty good, some of them look brand new and others might be a 7/10 kind of condition depending, but I always try to get the best price for condition I can. I've been collecting around 10 years now, I began by buying a SNES with a complete Kirby Superstar and that just put this urge to start buying stuff. I started really slow just going to local spots and hitting eBay here and there but eventually I went on some pretty big spending sprees to bolster where it is. 

As another user kindly pointed out my username was the same on NA and I did indeed have a sizeable amount of those badges 😞 It was always fun to see them post a new series and to find what holes I had in my sets.

1 hour ago, LastCat said:

How much do Billy book cases go for?

I believe 70 to 80 per case depending on the color. The handy thing is, while they do charge for shipping the shipping rate doesn't change the more you buy. If you measure the area you need you can get one shipped or 30 shipped and it will cost the same, saving a lot of work imo. It's particle board but is by far the strongest particle board I've ever seen. Doesn't bow even a tiny bit with a row of heavy books on it (I collect gaming art books too 😛 )

22 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I see lots of Club Nintendo stuff! Very nice

I didn't get in at the earliest days but I went in hard when I got around to it. I was devastated when they stopped doing the service (the current system is essentially pointless to me)

15 hours ago, NZCollector said:

Good lord. I think I commented on NA (Rest it's soul) that your setup is one of the nicest I've ever seen. 

Everything's so neatly organised! What's your secret!? 😆 

Well I'm somewhat handy (not overly so but a bit), and my fiancee is crafty, so I guess with our powers combined it works out as such. I usually come up with the ideas or concepts and do the drilling/hanging/etc stuff, but she's the measuring crafty one. I'm also adept with hiding wires at this point 😛

10 hours ago, bowser said:

This is fantastic! You should offer a consulting service on how to setup a game room 🙂

I'd have to add a grading system service to inflate the overall value of your room for good measure 😛