IGNORED

Just finished my first cib set! (N64)

hyrulevyse

On 11/2/2019 at 10:06 AM, hyrulevyse said:

The last two pieces I needed (Stunt Racer manual and ISS 2000 cart) both arrived yesterday.  Even though N64 isn't my favorite I really have enjoyed collecting for it.  Cardboard and carts is more fun than discs and cases.

Plus I happened upon this cabinet 2 1/2 years ago and had to fill it with something 😊

IMG_20191024_185310.jpg

Looks great! Nice work

• Like 1

Congrats dude!   I get so jealous every time I see your K*B Toys cabinet.  I worked at KB for a bit back in high school in the middle of the N64 era, so that always brings back some fun memories.  Working at KB is how I filled out a good chunk of my sealed Jaguar set (which I think was the first set I ever finished).

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 9:57 PM, guillavoie said:

Man, glad to see you posting on here! It is awesome to see all these familiar NA faces popping up every day on VGS!

Enjoy your stay, and get back to the NES weekly competition when you have some time🙂

Hey my dude. I mean I've been quiet as of late but I still lurk once in awhile.

Are you running the NES comp here on VGS?

Events Team · Posted
16 hours ago, acomicbookguyc said:

Hey my dude. I mean I've been quiet as of late but I still lurk once in awhile.

Are you running the NES comp here on VGS?

Yes we do, check the site-run event! End year tournament is starting shortly, but weekly competition will restart in February 2020.

On topic : You got a totally killer N64 setup man, congrats on the complete N64 CIB set, that's a massive collecting achievement!

• Like 1

That has to be the most fitting case ever for what you accomplished there, and they seemingly fit quite nicely too.  As someone who is a big enough collector in your case, you just can't top a clean intact full retail full length N64 display case for house all those colorful N64 boxes as it is.  It just makes too much sense, and despite being way up there, that matching red TV would be a solid way about enjoying it too in all the same space.

• Like 1

First off, Nice Job!

Now questions!

What made you decide to start collecting for the set? (I think you answered already with the display itself, but in case it was something else)

What was the first game you bought?

What was the most expensive piece?

What piece(s) did you think you got the best deal on?

Any crazy collecting stories, specific to the set, you want to share?

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I apologize if you've seen this more than once (not to you @DefaultGen), but I'm just excited and it feels good to finish.

@Lago Yeah I truthfully only started going for the set because of the cabinet.  I grabbed that in April of 2017 and probably only had 20 or cib's at that time, but figured "what else am I going to put in here?".  Kind of the perfect storm as I had been near the end of my turbo set for a while so was looking for something new to focus on.  And I had just recently joined @Sign Collector Guy's Facebook group and was loving people's setups in there and wishing I could grab a cabinet of some sort and voila!  Lucked out on this cabinet on offerup or something like that.

Most expensive piece was unsurprisingly the sculptors cut manual, I don't know about the "best deal" but my favorite pickup was grabbing the red tv as I had already convinced myself I'd never be able to grab one.  But I put out a ISO post on IG and Facebook and had one on my doorstep just 2 weeks later.

• Like 1