IGNORED

Interest check for a Beginner's-Beginner's Assembly guide

m308gunner

55 minutes ago, m308gunner said:

Additional question: What would be the best format to publish updates and issues? In the Homebrew thread? Or make a Blog? 

I guess it depends if you wish to tie the content to the forum, or publish it independently and use the forum for comments and requests, comments, and Q&A

52 minutes ago, MachineCode said:

I guess it depends if you wish to tie the content to the forum, or publish it independently and use the forum for comments and requests, comments, and Q&A

Definitely want to tie it to the forum. Was looking at the Blog tab next to the Forums tab. Just not sure if it would be more useful/visible to have it there or in a homebrew thread.

• 5 months later...
Moderator · Posted

Any new updates on your project? I’m trying to learn programming and Assembly during the quarantine but I’m just too beginner. I’m thinking of getting an old book called An Introduction to Microcomputers that precedes another old book I have called 6502 Assembly Language Programming. But I’m sure anything you prepare will be more user-friendly than some 70s textbooks!

• Like 1

I had the first issue of the guide about 90% complete before the whole virus thing descended upon us. Had to modify my work schedule which left even less time for side projects. Once I'm back to my original schedule (whenever that happens) I plan to finish it up and start on issue #2.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 10:58 PM, Scrobins said:

Any new updates on your project? I’m trying to learn programming and Assembly during the quarantine but I’m just too beginner. I’m thinking of getting an old book called An Introduction to Microcomputers that precedes another old book I have called 6502 Assembly Language Programming. But I’m sure anything you prepare will be more user-friendly than some 70s textbooks!

If the preview of the 1st issue a few months back was anything to go by, however long it takes is definitely worth it. The work is fantastic.

Edited by MachineCode
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Events Helper · Posted

Must say, I am very interested in this, but I don't think I would ever have the time to get into it.  Keep up the work when you can for sure, this looks like it will be a very good tool for people who do have the time to start learning.