IGNORED

The Incident Custom Levels

Deadeye

Homebrew Team · Posted

Wondering if anyone made any levels for The Incident with the standalone level creator.  If you do, drop them here for all to enjoy.

Here is a link to the level creator: http://wix.to/0cBpCnI

Not familiar with The Incident?  It was a 2015 box pushing puzzler by @KHAN Games.  The game has 120 levels and a standalone level creator was released later.  More information on The Incident Here: https://www.videogamesage.com/databases/homebrew-video-games/nintendo/nes/the-incident-r3/ 

102543199_TheIncident-4block.png.4dad4dafd86264a99602a146e0654911.png.b635f205058da40a7095f33e62dcd5e2.png

44 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

What is "this game is really just a ripoff of Sokoban" adding to a thread about please share your self made level codes?

Have you played the game? Or is this your statement based on a screenshot?

I've played and finished this game. I've also openly expressed my love for this game in multiple threads, it's one of the best NES games I've ever played. After finishing it, I missed it so much that I checked for similar games online and realized a predecessor had existed called Sokoban which is probably where Kevin got the idea.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I've played and finished this game. I've also openly expressed my love for this game in multiple threads, it's one of the best NES games I've ever played. After finishing it, I missed it so much that I checked for similar games online and realized a predecessor had existed called Sokoban which is probably where Kevin got the idea.

You see, I hope, how your coming in and calling it a ripoff makes it sound like you're shitting on it, yeah?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I think he got the idea from Caltron's Porter game. 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

You are really just a ripoff of Code Monkeys.

Well perhaps we should look at the rest of the author's library? I heard that the Pawn Stars game is a Kung Fu / Spartan X clone. Then there was the unauthorised Frogger port.

Edit: these are kick ass games, but the influences shouldn't be denied either.

Edited by fcgamer

5 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I think he got the idea from Caltron's Porter game. 😉

Sokobon predates Porter, and is probably the first iteration. Porter is just the NES port, like how Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular/Donald Duck is the NES/Famicom port of Alternative World Games. Same game, just with NES code. There's also one for the Genesis called Shove It.

Hard to say where he got the idea, but putting in a level editor does give the game some added legs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Sokobon predates Porter, and is probably the first iteration. Porter is just the NES port, like how Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular/Donald Duck is the NES/Famicom port of Alternative World Games. Same game, just with NES code. There's also one for the Genesis called Shove It.

Hard to say where he got the idea, but putting in a level editor does give the game some added legs.

You're right, it gives it broken legs. 😄

I took flak for it years ago, but creating clones of clones just never did much for me homebrew wise, I'm glad a lot of home brew guys have moved on from that.

4 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

You're right, it gives it broken legs. 😄

I dunno, the innovation of the ability to share levels on an NES game is pretty damn novel. It creates a community, etc. It might add some ideas that other homebrews can do. Kind of gives some new excitement for a venerable old platform.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
44 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Well perhaps we should look at the rest of the author's library?

So what?  There are tons of ports on the Nintendo and some are considered among the best of the library.  At least he gave The Incident a unique setting and a compelling storyline.  Why does this argument need to come up everytime the game is discussed?

I'm sorry there's such a negative opinion about my post and all my posts in general. A thought came into my mind regarding the topic and I wrote the thought down. I don't live in a world where thoughts have to be negative, the thought just came into my mind that this game rips off Sokoban. No big deal.

All of Kevin Hanley's games are great but I just can't buy them anymore because of what he did on Kickstarter.

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm sorry there's such a negative opinion about my post and all my posts in general. A thought came into my mind regarding the topic and I wrote the thought down. I don't live in a world where thoughts have to be negative, the thought just came into my mind that this game rips off Sokoban. No big deal.

All of Kevin Hanley's games are great but I just can't buy them anymore because of what he did on Kickstarter.

You need to quit pretending you "don't live in" the same world as everyone else. Maybe you had no negative intent with your thought when it was in your head, but you have to accept just like everyone else that what you say out loud (or type on the internet) is read by other people, and is bound by social norms. 

Calling something a "ripoff" comes with an objectively negative sentiment. It is a negative term, by definition.

We're not just seeing what you say and going "Damn, that Code Monkey guy, what a dick". You're actively being negative.

Anyway, I think that's enough on the matter; Deadeye posted this thread with an intention and you derailed it. Try to make an effort not to derail threads like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tulpa said:

I dunno, the innovation of the ability to share levels on an NES game is pretty damn novel. It creates a community, etc. It might add some ideas that other homebrews can do. Kind of gives some new excitement for a venerable old platform.

I never thought about that before, but you're right, that's a brilliant feature! Hopefully more homebrews will include something like that in the future. 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I never thought about that before, but you're right, that's a brilliant feature! Hopefully more homebrews will include something like that in the future. 🙂

I think the biggest innovation in this cartridge is the introduction of flash memory so there's no battery. I was amazed with that and I think all future cartridges should adopt it.

On 7/3/2021 at 11:02 PM, Code Monkey said:

Would certainly love to know what I did!

edit: And I'm genuinely asking. No snark involved.

Edited by KHAN Games
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
15 minutes ago, KHAN Games said:

Would certainly love to know what I did!

Two successful KS projects completed and shipped ahead of schedule earning plenty of goodwill from the community on top of an already stellar reputation earned over the last decade and a half across 10+ homebrews. 

Shame on you.

• Haha 2