IGNORED

Diablo 2 resurrected

SailorScoutMandy

Administrator · Posted

I just pre-purchased it for PC.  It looks pretty cool and I'm very excited to play through the game again.  

I really enjoyed Diablo II, but I'm not one of these people who has played it 500 times and knows every nook and cranny.  For me, it will be super fun to play through it and take my time exploring the (newly remastered) world and characters, not just running through as fast as humanly possible for loot.  I'm very much looking forward to this.

• Like 1

Wow for both you never doing D2, but also no physical?!  Ugh.  If that's the case, PC only I guess.  Switch has only so few many years left.

I can't wait to play this again with all the updates being made to the game it should be a blast.  (basically for spacepups reasons entirely.)

14 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wow for both you never doing D2, but also no physical?!  Ugh.  If that's the case, PC only I guess.  Switch has only so few many years left.

I can't wait to play this again with all the updates being made to the game it should be a blast.  (basically for spacepups reasons entirely.)

It's terrible I know. 😱

Yea the lack of physical is making me lean PC as well. I even got the little treasure goblin amiibo Nintendo released with D3 for switch, it's so fucking cute!

2 minutes ago, SailorScoutMandy said:

It's terrible I know. 😱

Yea the lack of physical is making me lean PC as well. I even got the little treasure goblin amiibo Nintendo released with D3 for switch, it's so fucking cute!

I never did get the loot goblin.  I own both games on Switch and PC (had PC first) so my attitude is, no physical, no Switch, PC is enough and they lose out a little.  I can still use D2 20 years later on PC whatever the OS.  I don't see playing D2 on Switch in 20 years or a future system my purchases would roll over to as that means less money to the console maker.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

I've played it before early on, and actually did a joint playthrough not too long ago with a few peeps from VGS.  I just meant, I haven't played it a billion times as I didn't obsess over it back in the day and I didn't do all the quick runs for loot.  I don't mind taking my time with it and just enjoying the world.

As for digital versus physical, I don't really care that much one way or the other to be honest.  I prefer playing it on PC anyway, and I don't need the physical disc at that point, so digital is fine with me.  The game is simply just much more enjoyable to me with a keyboard and mouse and playing on a computer.

• Like 1

As long as it's DRM free, digital on PC is ok with me, if disappointing.  I don't think I ever finished the original game back in the day (video card, then power supply grenaded in my PC of that era, then was amazingly revived a few years later when it was no longer relevant), but had a TON of fun running around with a literal army as a necromancer.  I remember playing with my friends and all of them losing their *&@^ when we'd go into battle together and then suddenly I had a posse that ran off ahead of us, annihilating everything in their path.  😂  Good times.

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

Loved D2 back in the day, may be worth a nostalgia trip down memory lane.  Sadly I just don't game at all much anymore.

Same here, but I get accused of it which I'm getting fed up with as it's like rubbing salt into it.  Too worn out and demotivated usually when time is there, end up watching videos, online clips or reading something.

I'll make an attempt somehow on this as D2 is fantastic.  I still have the battle chest for this with my other big box pc games.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Especially for PC stuff, I kinda like digital-only.  I have soooo much physical stuff, and as I'm downsizing things, I'm finding the spaces more enjoyable.  I buy PC games to play them, not collect.  As much as I like the traditional physical media - I don't know, digital-only doesn't bother me, especially for PC.

At the end of the day, I'm just looking forward to trying this out and re-experiencing the game with a fresh coat of paint!

• Like 1

I've done the same downsized far more than I've added in the last couple of years, and in particular this year I've taken out heaps compared to intake.  My recent ebay history used to have where those last 5 purchases they show or so were within a week or two together, they go back to the start of May now.  My storage closet of goodies to let fly it's emptied by comparison, good bit left, but largely less to where I can walk in go around the corner and even see and touch the far left back wall. 🙂

It's why I brought back my sales/trade post here and am happy with either if it gets it out and me either paid or with something I honestly would want to own and use to keep so it works out well.

While I'd rather Diablo be physical, whatever, and being blizzard if they don't do it, LRG etc won't have an ounce of pull to bribe them into some release either as they're not some little wonky pocket sized indie company.  Even the blizzard games I do own, they give you free battle.net full game full featured and even extras downloads if you use your product key from the CDs I have, so I did that, just to avoid the load.