IGNORED

The Prices of NES in the year 2000

jpayne

honestly i miss being able to go to yard sale and actually find cool stuff like this.  back in 2005  is when i started i could find this stuff so cheap.  i got 50 nes games cib near mint  for 50 dollars at the thrift store  good games too like zelda smb mega man etc.

but now  i gotta pull a huge wad out of my arse for one game  so much i get hemorrhoids every time...  i feel sorry for any one starting a collection now.  cause unless they have 50k laying around  its just not possible.

heck i remember when NWC was only  1500 dollars.  course i couldn't get it then cause i couldn't afford it but now.  HA!  yeah right.  not gonna happen,  ever...

Edited by Nes Freak
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

You know, back in the early to mid 2000s there was a chain of multimedia stores near me that always had a nice stockpile of NES games and I never took advantage of it and I really regret that.  I’d always skim through and look for a copy of Dragon Warrior II and that was about it.  Picked up a handful of titles that I’d sold during the Genesis/SNES years but I’d scoff at anything over like $5 and that was even pushing it.
 I am so glad that I spent my meager college years spending money on my CD collection.  That played out well.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

You know, back in the early to mid 2000s there was a chain of multimedia stores near me that always had a nice stockpile of NES games and I never took advantage of it and I really regret that.  I’d always skim through and look for a copy of Dragon Warrior II and that was about it.  Picked up a handful of titles that I’d sold during the Genesis/SNES years but I’d scoff at anything over like $5 and that was even pushing it.
 I am so glad that I spent my meager college years spending money on my CD collection.  That played out well.  

Man, same.  I have boxes and boxes of CDs I bought from 1999-2004. I would always look for online deals (and that was waaaaay before most people were buying online) and some labels would have 50% off deals, and shipping was free for orders over $50.  The most any of those are worth now are maybe $10 but I’m not really interested in selling anyway. Still, I wish I had put it into NES/SNES/N64 games from Funcoland and EB.

Administrator · Posted
On 4/6/2022 at 9:10 AM, RH said:

A great disappointment of mine was back when I discovered eBay in 1999, I wanted to get a sealed copy of Final Fantasy.  Yeah, even back then we had issues with re-seals.  I noticed shelf wear on the box under the seal of one I bought, so I contacted eBay.  I needed greater proof, so I opened it and sure enough the game was complete but the contents were 100% not new, and I got a refund.

I'm more shocked that you got an ebay refund back in 1999 when people could still pay with money orders.

Or that customer support actually gave a shit (or existed).  

4 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I'm more shocked that you got an ebay refund back in 1999 when people could still pay with money orders.

Or that customer support actually gave a shit (or existed).  

You know, you’re not wrong but I think someone responded to me, I well documented the problem and I just wouldn’t drop it.

I no longe have that old email account but I think it had something to do with resolving the dispute with the buyer and if eBay agreed with me that the seller lied and the seller didn’t refund the item (after I sent it back) they would close his account.  I can’t recall exactly but my pushing worked and I’m 99% I did get eBay involved.