IGNORED

Movie Debate #74: Reservoir Dogs

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • You haven't seen the movie, but you're interested in watching it.
    • You have no interest in watching it.
  2. 2. Next week's poll

• True Romance
    • From Dusk 'til Dawn

Editorials Team · Posted
53 minutes ago, Californication said:

Kind of curious about other peoples thought on Mr. Pink's acting in the scenes after he is shot. Always seemed a little meh, to me, but idk. I mean I guess it's better than in action movies where people get shot and they look like they just got a massage.

I like Tim Roth.  I don't especially like Tim Roth in this movie.

2 hours ago, Californication said:

Kind of curious about other peoples thought on Mr. Pink's acting in the scenes after he is shot. Always seemed a little meh, to me, but idk. I mean I guess it's better than in action movies where people get shot and they look like they just got a massage.

I thought Steve Buscemi's character was the only one to not get shot.  

If you asked me 15 years ago, I'd give it a 9 and maybe a 10. It was definitely my favorite Tarantino film at the time. But as I mentioned on the last Tarantino film debate, I'm not a fan of him and his work, so I gave it a 5.

It's been a long time since I've seen it but back then, my least favorite was Jackie Brown and today it's probably the most tolerable. I haven't seen it in ages and only once or twice, but today I think I might give that one a 7. Best I can do for the guy and his films.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
28 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

That breakfast scene?  Oh man.

"I got Madonna's big dick comin' outta my left ear, and Toby the Jap... I don't know what comin' outta my right."  That scene has me dying every time.  🤣

I got 9 on it.  Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are quintessential 90s and both top my list of favorite Tarantino movies.

• Like 1

Indeed, Mr Pink is the only one to survive.  He doesn't get away with the money though.  If you read the script or listen veeeerry closely to the dialog in the distance (while Mr White is holding Mr Orange), you'll hear Mr Pink getting arrested outside the building.

Oh yea: 9/10!