IGNORED

Silverspoon Fridays #3: Late Night Leno or Late Night Letterman?

SilverspoonGaming

Leno or Letterman?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Leno or Letterman?

• Jay Leno
    • David Letterman

Situation: Youre stranded in a log cabin far from anyone with no lines of communication available.  You have electricity, a tv, and a dvd player,  and the choice of one of two compilation sets to pass the weekend before Monday hits and you can go back to civilization.  Which of the following two compilations do you choose to spend your next two days playing?

The catalog of Leno on the Tonight show or the catalog of Letterman on the Late Show?

I love and respect Jay Leno and think he is funny as hell, but his time at the Tonight Show he was a Yes Sir guy and did what he was told making his show way too milk toast for me to watch.  Letterman on the other hand was a huge part of my life from about 1996 until he retired.  He always pushed the envelope and he has to be one of the funniest and most charming humans on the planet.

This was a tough one but I went with Letterman.  In general, I liked Jay's personality much more but Letterman is simply funnier and, I think, "smarter".

They are both very different and depending on my mood, I could go either way, so 50/50.  Regardless, I went with Letterman.

• Like 2

I watched Letterman more often when they were both on, and I probably prefer that show.  However, as a huge car guy, I would much rather meet Leno in person and talk cars with him.  

Based on the title of the thread, I'm voting based on the show and not the person, which is why I'm voting Letterman.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Conan

Again, if we are voting based on the show, I would go with Conan as well.

Funny thing is that Conan is also sort of a car guy with his Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed that he references all the time.  I always liked that about him because that was one of my first favorite cars as a kid.  

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

@Hammerfestus why the confusion? I ain't 50 bro.

I just didn’t know it was possible to have never seen either.  Also 40 isn’t that far from 50.  (35 is basically 40.  30 is basically 35)Maybe if it was drawn by Akita Toriyama? 😈 

Edited by Hammerfestus