IGNORED

Authentication help for Hagane

Hey all, I don't typically ask for help with this stuff but I picked up a particularly pricy game and wanted to ask if people could pick it apart? It looks good to me, just want to put it on the shelf and not worry I got ripped 😛 I'm no expert but I've spotted fakes before, just they are getting better at it these days.

E3YyErqXEAEWiw2?format=jpg&name=large

E3YyEehWUAU-8IE?format=jpg&name=large

E3YyERCXIAQOJ-M?format=jpg&name=large

E3YyEC6XwAUi2CJ?format=jpg&name=large

E3YyHe3X0AECpu0?format=jpg&name=large

E3YyIW0WQAUMQrn?format=jpg&name=large

E3YyJr_XoAAFO1U?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

10 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I can't get a good look at the rom just make sure it starts with SNS and not spal. People try to swap the board with the pal one and use a repro label. 

It looks straight to me though. 

https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=0374

I'll take a better look, appreciate the info though!

On 6/8/2021 at 6:30 PM, a3quit4s said:

I can't get a good look at the rom just make sure it starts with SNS and not spal. People try to swap the board with the pal one and use a repro label. 

It looks straight to me though. 

https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=0374

We both would definitely know on this subject:(. Btw, i ultimately got screwed on the deal. Paypal and my CC company wouldn’t do anything. Paypal had me send the fake back to the scammer, but he supplied a fake address knowing good and well that paypal will drop the case if its never passed customs 

• Sad 2

On 6/8/2021 at 7:38 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Looks pretty good, but I'm not an expert in SNES stuff. For the box, I'd recommend looking at other listings and comparing the location and size of the Super Nintendo logo and red stripes. Those seem to always get stretched and misplaced in the repros I've seen.

Yep, this is great advice. Sometimes the only way to spot a fake with some of these labels are the thickness and color of that “red stripe”

btw Doc, sent you another PM:)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

I'm with @a3quit4s. Here are some pics of mine that may help:

cQYWof2sS7umtp5lhHTN-A.jpg.d6a39cd68d3b6fdddd32007f5e116b93.jpg

HmM4LdCMR5yK7-hePxeYKQ.jpg.4011e544d669e59abb4f631f57b520dc.jpg

mXSqJHk3RDO4LFz9eHTFiw.jpg.11fe1aedbcabcd50b05b294ecb6c468e.jpg

jz2ILGBIRG20kdplmyq_CQ.jpg.706cc5aef10ba8beac95c25526eb8de0.jpg

Your box and manual codes match, but I believe the picture you posted earlier is the Japanese ROM, as that code is associated with the MPN code SHVC-AHGJ-JPN.

Yeah the odd thing is, I've seen reproductions in my day, aside the chip not matching I can't distinguish anything about the cart itself on the outside or the box/manual that would make them fake, including the type of wear and tear that is on them. One oddity is the screw hole on the left side of my cart is kind of bigger and stripped (it doesn't come off easy) but I can't see anything else odd about it. The seller has not responded but I'm not sure how to handle a return when it came from Mexico and is very expensive, like does eBay even protect shipments at that point?

• Wow! 1