IGNORED

McDonald's is bringing back classic Happy Meal toys Nov. 7 to Nov. 11

Teh_Lurv

50 minutes ago, Foochie776 said:

I was thrilled to hear about this.

I was too and can't wait to take my kids out and see what we get!  My only disappointment regarding what was offered is that I wish they'd offered at least one of the Halloween costume McNuggets, as those are the ones that stand out most strongly in my mind from the era that these came from.  It's fantastic to see any of them at all, just wish they'd put out one or more of the ones that appeared in the now-classic commercial that got replayed for years and years ("Scared Silly," if I recall the name right).

• Like 1

If you have the dress up Nugget toys, post more pics! I was riding a nostalgia high before Halloween with the old sets I used to have. If they really wanted to reissue the popular shit, they would at least do the Muppet hockey players again!

The limited selection might mean Tim Atwood has a bunch of sealed NOS toys that weren't distributed! 😛

12 hours ago, Yelir said:

If you have the dress up Nugget toys, post more pics! I was riding a nostalgia high before Halloween with the old sets I used to have. If they really wanted to reissue the popular shit, they would at least do the Muppet hockey players again!

The limited selection might mean Tim Atwood has a bunch of sealed NOS toys that weren't distributed! 😛

I may have extra Muppet hockey players around here.

Also, these are being released in "blind bags", but they at least have a unique number on the back like the Madden toys did.   I got US17 and US20 at lunch today.

EDIT- From an unboxing video I found on YT it looks like US17 is Bugs Bunny dunking and US20 is the pullback car with the dog covering his eyes.

EDIT2- Looks like the dog car is from 101 Dalmations, and is a US exclusive!   Time for dirty worldwide resale.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

So me and the kiddo snagged kids meals yesterday and of course, they come in these white "mystery" type bags that say a # and a year - pretty cool.

His was clearly a car of sorts before we opened them, mine was clearly a figure I thought yes I got a nugget dude.

Nope, it was a purple guy I don't recall darnit lol, and he got a dog driving a car - not sure where either are from off the top of my head.  Cool to give it a shot though!

10 minutes ago, cartman said:

So it's one toy from each old series it's not like they're gonna release 100 toys to cover the full set of everything?

Correct, it's just the 17 toys shown in the OP.   Might vary in other countries; the 101 Dalmations dog car and Fantasia Mickey are US exclusives.

47 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Correct, it's just the 17 toys shown in the OP.   Might vary in other countries; the 101 Dalmations dog car and Fantasia Mickey are US exclusives.

Yeah ok. I don't remember any of those altough the McD brand characters seem familiar, but probably from elsewhere. We did have a McD collecting fad here (among other things) in my circle but those were big Snoopy toys and later on smaller ones. Can't remember anything else.

My kid got one today and she had a hissy fit over it and didn't keep the thing.  She was hoping for a Furby but as they're in sealed white bags with a date on the front for the year of the toy, while she asked hoping to get one, the young packer behind the counter likely wasn't alive in 1999 to get a Furby and thought the 1990 toy was, and it was a purple Grimace.  I thought it was kind of nice they're doing that, and if you know your toys by date you can figure out what is there at least fairly well.  She was already in a bit of a mood but I didn't appreciate the theatrics over Grimace.

On 11/9/2019 at 10:32 PM, Tanooki said:

My kid got one today and she had a hissy fit over it and didn't keep the thing.  She was hoping for a Furby but as they're in sealed white bags with a date on the front for the year of the toy, while she asked hoping to get one, the young packer behind the counter likely wasn't alive in 1999 to get a Furby and thought the 1990 toy was, and it was a purple Grimace.  I thought it was kind of nice they're doing that, and if you know your toys by date you can figure out what is there at least fairly well.  She was already in a bit of a mood but I didn't appreciate the theatrics over Grimace.

Trade with Boosted; sounds like he got an unwanted Furby?

Well if my local one has them still I go there usually once a week on Monday before my girls gymnastics class for dinner due to the time of it and I"ll see if they have one still.

The nuggets have always been average at best, nothing remarkable and bland on their own.  For me, it was always always about the sweet and sour sauce as I couldn't get enough and now most those places limit the packets so much it's hard to get good coverage. 😞

If anyone has a questions on McD collecting, I was pretty active in it from around 1993 to 2000.  I still have most of my stuff, although I'm hoping to sell most of it over the course of the next year or two.  

There's some good books on McD collecting pre-2000.  There's not much information post-2000.  These all go into the happy meal toys, boxes, promotion items, ect.  As well as the general McD merchandise from the 1950s and onward.  

Wq3L2bU.jpg

PvS3hPf.jpg

sHSOzce.jpg

z5iJgqP.jpg

Here's the current state of my collection... taking up my shed.  😅

2IS3V0h.jpg

bNBofGD.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 2

5 minutes ago, NintendoTwizer said:

If anyone has a questions on McD collecting, I was pretty active in it from around 1993 to 2000.  I still have most of my stuff, although I'm hoping to sell most of it over the course of the next year or two.  

There's some good books on McD collecting pre-2000.  There's not much information post-2000.  These all go into the happy meal toys, boxes, promotion items, ect.  As well as the general McD merchandise from the 1950s and onward.  

Wq3L2bU.jpg

PvS3hPf.jpg

sHSOzce.jpg

z5iJgqP.jpg

Here's the current state of my collection... taking up my shed.  😅

2IS3V0h.jpg

bNBofGD.jpg

Holy shit!