IGNORED

R Type Gameboy Sealed with minor flaw

phart010

What’s this sealed gameboy  R Type worth?

It’s in overall great shape. Corners look good. The only issue is there used to be a price sticker on the seal. It was sloppily removed, so residue from the sticker remains and also a small part of the plastic seal was torn off in the process.

I am not going to attempt to clean the sticker residue as I don’t want to risk getting solution onto the cardboard.

image.thumb.jpg.c0b022fd880dee399dfbc1dbeb5ca6cf.jpg
image.thumb.jpg.51ebf59f432d9b3fdf63a617896f1854.jpg

I’ve outlined the tear in the seal with red. The outline of sticker residue is in green

F805A605-26A7-4863-A1B0-290F92128DD2.thumb.jpeg.89aef59198147de3b75c5b4d9ecf096d.jpeg

Edited by phart010

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A sealed copy sold last month for $666.88 with no damage I could see

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174772224629?hash=item28b13c8275%3Ag%3A0UYAAOSwts5gop7A&nma=true&si=EchH0%2FW2D8PraKamfvlS1brzjjc%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

a normal CIB copy in good shape is $50 to$75.

so my best guess for yours is over $100 but no more than $300. Again just a guess.

29 minutes ago, RpgCollector said:

A sealed copy sold last month for $666.88 with no damage I could see

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174772224629?hash=item28b13c8275%3Ag%3A0UYAAOSwts5gop7A&nma=true&si=EchH0%2FW2D8PraKamfvlS1brzjjc%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

a normal CIB copy in good shape is $50 to$75.

so my best guess for yours is over $100 but no more than $300. Again just a guess.

Wow. I was guessing it might lose 20-30%.

You really think the little missing piece of plastic seal washes off 50+% of the value of a sealed game?

Are there and historical sales examples showing this to be the case?

I have to agree with @RpgCollector...Sealed collectors typically want perfect/no holes in the plastic/no dents in the box...they will pay for it (the $660 example), but with a tear in the seal that big, you are catering to the "Excellent/Nr Mint Condition CIB" crowd, who aren't going to pony up that kind of dough...Still AT LEAST double the price of your average GB R-Type tho...and I wouldn't be surprised if it hit $300 in this market...GB has been pretty hot lately. I don't have any "real" examples either, but I have tried to sell a bunch of nr mint/poor seal GBA games and nobody wants them - Not good enough for the sealed collectors, and too expensive for the CIB guys...

Naked's example there in closing about what he tried to move is easily explained -- investors.

You game falls into HIS games problem.  If it's too crushed, dinged, a hole ripped in it, whatever that took a chunk out of anything and removed/damaged it will drive off the investor trolls looking to drop like $600 on a game, to then send it to WATA to turn it into something into the thousands to tens of thousands in value.  They want the 8-10 range stuff they can make profit from, not the mid-range grade stuff that would probably cause them to break even or lose money after paying all the fees(grading, shipping both ways, any perks.)

So funny when you ask for opinions and don’t like the answers, lol. It is not a minor tear. It is right on the front over the best part of the art. No one wants this copy on their display shelf and that is where the money is. Only a CIB collector would buy this and they aren’t spending the big money.

6 hours ago, RpgCollector said:

So funny when you ask for opinions and don’t like the answers, lol. It is not a minor tear. It is right on the front over the best part of the art. No one wants this copy on their display shelf and that is where the money is. Only a CIB collector would buy this and they aren’t spending the big money.

Sorry you’ll have to forgive my disappointment. With this item, I’m not exactly in a position that makes neutral judgment an easy thing.
💵💵💵🔥🔥 😱

Fair enough, but the point is valid.  I've hit the issue on some sealed big box PC games I have.  I've got 2-3 of them where age has I guess dried the material or whatever up enough it started to implode.  It didn't collapse the box, but instead caused a seam on one of the long sides of each box to just burst.  And it's not just like a split on the line, it's that, but then another split too like a bubble popped.  Because of this, and despite being new, I'm not getting any takers on those games I want to move.  I'm not in a desperate hurry now, but if they still sit for months I'll just drop them to a mid-tier open box price just to get them out of my way and off the floor.  I don't like it, but despite being new, collectors are often tight puckered types and won't want one like that despite still being untouched goods.  It's not like a CIB person who could see it as a placeholder for months/years until another comes along.