IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Silk Worm!

BeaIank

MemberPosted
8 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

It's about having fun and participating for me, if it is a cheaper way to go then so be it 馃槈聽 It was ok'ed per the rules 馃槈

To me the jeep is way more fun than the chopper because I could progress and see the levels.聽聽

Fair is fair within the rules, I just likd giving you shit 馃榿

Wonder how many others are sitting on scores...

• Haha 1

MemberPosted
1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

3 hours ago, mbd39 said:

What exactly is the hit box for the big helicopter that gives power ups? Sometimes it goes down quickly and other times it won't go down even after a bunch of hits.

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Sorry for double post, but just caught this.聽

When your gun is level 0-2, shoot the nose a handful of times, then get above it and shoot down on its upper back region. Itll blow up pretty quick.

When gun is fully upgraded, pepper the white聽portion as the parts are forming together. You can destroy it before its put together that way and collect 20k bonus instead of 10

Good advice. I was also having issue taking out the upgrade chopper about 20% of the time. I think the key is any damage you do to the parts as the unit is assemilating remains. So as soon as you see a component show up, start shooting it ASAP. I've never destroyed one before the unit finished forming, but I definitely think it helps to attack it as soon as you can.

MemberPosted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

馃憖

OGI1agB.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

I had lots of spare time, it was a short week for work and werewolf is slowish.聽 Vice project I will not have as much time 馃槈聽聽

I really wish I played this one more. I didn't care as much for the chopper mode because I sucked at it, but the jeep mode is a blast.

• Like 1

Events TeamPosted
2 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I really wish I played this one more. I didn't care as much for the chopper mode because I sucked at it, but the jeep mode is a blast.

ya, it takes a bit, and i have no friggin clue how bert got over a milly, i got some hidden stuff to get 100k each time 馃槈聽 but anyway, imo, The jeep is so much more fun because all u gotta do is go left and right, not up and down as well.

Events TeamPosted

I mean, you can jump as a jeep, so there is that, but you don't have to unless you get into a bind, or those stupid robots or whatever that separate from the bottom half.聽聽

Also, level 5 seemed to be the most difficult for the jeep imo, especially the boss, it took me quite a few runs and then i practiced a bit, and then finally got a decent rythm down.

MemberPosted
2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

ya, it takes a bit, and i have no friggin clue how bert got over a milly, i got some hidden stuff to get 100k each time 馃槈聽 but anyway, imo, The jeep is so much more fun because all u gotta do is go left and right, not up and down as well.

Game is still fun, but I almost wish they'd just forgot about the helicopter and based the levels more around the jeep. Like there could have been more platforming such as jumping over pits and stuff.

• Like 1

MemberPosted

For those of you that think this game is "easy", getting 1,000,000 should be a piece of cake. I red that in level 4 and 6 (maybe 7), during the boss fights there is a seal or something that flies by. Shoot it to nab 500,000 points.

That's two seals combined for 1,000,000.

• Like 1

Events TeamPosted
Just now, RH said:

For those of you that think this game is "easy", getting 1,000,000 should be a piece of cake. I red that in level 4 and 6 (maybe 7), during the boss fights there is a seal or something that flies by. Shoot it to nab 500,000 points.

That may be, but I know i found a hidden one in some of the levels worth 100k, I only got one down really well, so idk.....

47 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

馃憖

OGI1agB.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

I had lots of spare time, it was a short week for work and werewolf is slowish.聽 Vice project I will not have as much time 馃槈聽聽

Suck on my score.......

SCORE;聽 14,700聽26,900

MjmCx3v.jpg

Spoiler

l5RGgNJ.jpg

Edited by FireHazard51
  • Sad 1

MemberPosted
33 minutes ago, RH said:

Well its funny you mentioned that. I had gotten 100k bonus a bunch on level 4 boss a bunch of times and have been playing all night to try to do that on one life and land over 400k. Finally acheieved it, but this time it was the 500k bonus. No idea what was different unless its coming in with more points. That was CRAZY.聽

And with that, @Jeevan聽and his jeep are vested.聽

Edit: score update page 1

Edited by NESfiend
  • Angry 1

MemberPosted
4 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Well its funny you mentioned that. I had gotten 100k bonus a bunch on level 4 boss a bunch of times and have been playing all night to try to do that on one life and land over 400k. Finally acheieved it, but this time it was the 500k bonus. No idea what was different unless its coming in with more points. That was CRAZY.聽

And with that, @Jeevan聽and his jeep are vested.聽

Edit: score update page 1

Rules say no point-pressing at the bosses... not really clear if going for the bonuses on the bosses are considered point-pressing in the rules, but if not, then why make the rule?聽 Those bonuses are ridiculously more than you can get in an entire run outside of the bosses... oh well, I didn't play this game early in the week to be able to learn the game and bring this issue up, so congrats to the boss-bonus-getting-point-pressers!!!聽 馃檪

Edited by Dr. Morbis

MemberPosted
1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Rules say no point-pressing at the bosses... not really clear if going for the bonuses on the bosses are considered point-pressing in the rules, but if not, then why make the rule?聽 Those bonuses are ridiculously more than you can get in an entire run outside of the bosses... oh well, I didn't play this game early in the week to be able to learn the game and bring this issue up, so congrats to the boss-bonus-getting-point-pressers!!!聽 馃檪

Not sure how that would be point pressing when Im just trying to beat the boss and that icon appears every time there. Not sure why it was 500k this time when its usually 100k.聽

If it somehow is, mods please let me know. I may still have photos of my 280k plus run that was up before that

MemberPosted
2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Point pressing usually refers to where you can just keep destroying something indefinitely that gives points, like during boss fights where they they attack you with something that you can keep shooting for points.聽 I don't think of one time bonuses as point pressing.

MemberPosted
Just now, mbd39 said:

Point pressing usually refers to where you can just keep destroying something indefinitely that gives points, like during boss fights where they they attack you with something that you can keep shooting for points.聽 I don't think of one time bonuses as point pressing.

Like I said, I didn't play the game enough to see what getting those bonuses entails, I'm just wondering how you would point-press on these bosses outside of getting those bonuses?聽 She made a rule about it, so is there another easy way to point-press these bosses?

MemberPosted

I don't know if shooting the boss projectiles adds to score. I only reached the third boss so I don't know聽 if any later bosses have point pressing opportunities. Bea was under the impression that point pressing is possible on bosses even if it's not.

• BeaIank unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!