IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Silk Worm!

BeaIank

11 hours ago, PII said:

Might've been a fun variation and pop of a few peppers into the gumbo by allowing everyone to recruit a friend to play the heli or jeep....

A 2 player NES co-op contest would be fun. 

This is unrelated to anything but my idea for a NES co-op game would just be Jackal but where one player controls the jeep and the other handles all the guns and grenades. I don't know if it would be possible to hack something like that but it would be amazing. 

6 hours ago, dvertov said:

A 2 player NES co-op contest would be fun. 

This is unrelated to anything but my idea for a NES co-op game would just be Jackal but where one player controls the jeep and the other handles all the guns and grenades. I don't know if it would be possible to hack something like that but it would be amazing. 

Definitely have had the conversation a couple of times about how Jackal really should have a 2-player-simultaneous option.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PII said:

probably, but I'm not familiar with that term.  

1life = weapon upgrades intact the whole way = easy boss fights

Weapon upgrades lost in death = long and awkward boss fights.

Yeah, thats general idea, but not specific to bosses. Upgrades are more crucial further game goes on, so one lost and game is pretty well over with gradius.

Events Helper · Posted
22 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

What exactly is the hit box for the big helicopter that gives power ups? Sometimes it goes down quickly and other times it won't go down even after a bunch of hits.

not sure, i used the jeep on my playthroughs, so i just got under it and aimed up with 2 shot

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Am I really gonna be the closest to @bertsampson this week?  😮

Someone please post a better score so i can see how I fair against ya'll

Jeeves, the ultimate sandbagging score stasher, encouraging others to post scores and updates, while he himself is sitting on a score? My score is on the board, jeeves. And yours is where?

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, NESfiend said:

Jeeves, the ultimate sandbagging score stasher, encouraging others to post scores and updates, while he himself is sitting on a score? My score is on the board, jeeves. And yours is where?

Somewhere floating in the cloud waiting for nearer to 11pm 😉  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

O4Ksslx.gif

As i am one of these guys, i think it is 😆

I figured jeep would be really way to progress through if you learned the controls properly. Also seemed like it would make a fun game really boring. You earned that sandy podium this week. 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

What exactly is the hit box for the big helicopter that gives power ups? Sometimes it goes down quickly and other times it won't go down even after a bunch of hits.

Sorry for double post, but just caught this. 

When your gun is level 0-2, shoot the nose a handful of times, then get above it and shoot down on its upper back region. Itll blow up pretty quick.

When gun is fully upgraded, pepper the white portion as the parts are forming together. You can destroy it before its put together that way and collect 20k bonus instead of 10

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

I figured jeep would be really way to progress through if you learned the controls properly. Also seemed like it would make a fun game really boring. You earned that sandy podium this week. 

It's about having fun and participating for me, if it is a cheaper way to go then so be it 😉  It was ok'ed per the rules 😉 

To me the jeep is way more fun than the chopper because I could progress and see the levels.  

• Like 2