IGNORED

The Unorthodox Dragon Warrior Collection

Ferris Bueller

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
39 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

It's close. If you want to be a part of the collection, now might be the time to send in a copy!

Did you have a specific number you were trying to hit?  I didn't recall ever hearing that, so I went through your site and didn't see any particular goal mentioned.

21 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Did you have a specific number you were trying to hit?  I didn't recall ever hearing that, so I went through your site and didn't see any particular goal mentioned.

1000. I thought it was discussed more in The Legend section, but I believe it was meant to link back to NA's original thread where it all started. That link is now dead. Down at the end though is this...

Epilogue

We arrive at 500 copies and unlock the collection's second achievement, this website. A tribute to what's to come. For those of you wondering if I'll continue the quest for 1000 copies...

Yes, I am still getting copies of Dragon Warrior.

Yes, I will take donations.

Free is best, $3 is my sweet spot (remember, they used to give this away for free). Updates will simply be made here from now on as new copies arrive.

So we collect on, roms alternating current, borne back ceaselessly into the past, and on our way to 1000 copies and becoming a truly epic collection!

Edited by Ferris Bueller

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Since it was an NP giveaway, there were roughly 500,000 NES versions made, so 1% of that is 5000... 😛

Probably really close to accurate. According to Wikipedia, Dragon Warrior/Quest 1 sold 2,000,000 units collectively across all regions for the NES & Famicom and is the 29th best selling game. My hype guide says that 3 to 4 copies sell every single day on eBay.

It is the 8th most abundant NES game currently available on eBay trailing behind...

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 (2507 copies)
  2. Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt (2289 copies)
  3. Tetris (1469 copies)
  4. Super Mario Bros. (1272 copies)
  5. Super Mario Bros. 2 (1250 copies)
  6. Dr. Mario (1218 copies)
  7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1128 copies)
  8. Dragon Warrior (985 copies)

In contrast, it is the 18th most sold NES game on eBay in the past 90 days.

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 (2096 copies)
  2. Super Mario Bros. 2 (1531 copies)
  3. Legend of Zelda (1179 copies)
  4. Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt (924 copies)
  5. Super Mario Bros. (753 copies)
  6. Tetris (721 copies)
  7. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (666 copies)
  8. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (642 copies)
  9. Metroid (568 copies)
  10. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (526 copies)
  11. Contra (497 copies)
  12. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (485 copies)
  13. Final Fantasy (378 copies)
  14. Dr. Mario (367 copies)
  15. Excitebike (360 copies)
  16. Castlevania (359 copies)
  17. Mega Man 2 (348 copies)
  18. Dragon Warrior (334 copies)

If AND ONLY IF The 2,000,000 figure is correct, then if he were to purchase 20,000 copies of Dragon Warrior (regardless of region) he'll own 1% of the supply ever made.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

If AND ONLY IF The 2,000,000 figure is correct, then if he were to purchase 20,000 copies of Dragon Warrior (regardless of region) he'll own 1% of the supply ever made.

Well 1.5 million of those were sales of Dragon Quest in Japan, so to have an accurate 1% of 2 million, he'd need 5000 copies of Dragon Warrior and 15,000 copies of Dragon Quest.  Just saying... 😛

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well 1.5 million of those were sales of Dragon Quest in Japan, so to have an accurate 1% of 2 million, he'd need 5000 copies of Dragon Warrior and 15,000 copies of Dragon Quest.  Just saying... 😛

Nice 🙂

I think it’s doable in a lifetime.

Thats like 2 years of eBay supply 😉 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...