IGNORED

Removing a label / sticker from a PCB

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

what is the sticker for? why do you want to remove it? a sticker on a pcb is sometimes on there to protect something like a uv erasable eprom or to label something important so there are times when you dont want to remove it

that being said just carefully remove it with your fingers and use some ipa to remove whats left

48 minutes ago, ironsniper1 said:

what is the sticker for? why do you want to remove it? a sticker on a pcb is sometimes on there to protect something like a uv erasable eprom or to label something important so there are times when you dont want to remove it

that being said just carefully remove it with your fingers and use some ipa to remove whats left

It's on the back on a pcb for game. Just a white label saying what the game is. My fingers won't remove it  fortunately. 

6 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Honestly, unless you're using some sort of serious acid, you'd have a hard time damaging most any commercially produced PCB

This. I've seen people cleaning arcade PCBs in their dishwasher with no problems.

What you want to be careful of is anything that can scratch surfaces (and cause damage to the traces), or cause static electricity (potentially breaking the IC components). So keep it away from carpets, cloth, etc. of course, and don't use any type of abrasive/polish.

Isopropyl alcohol is the standard for cleaning electronics, and I don't see any reason to consider anything else. 🙂 

Edited by Sumez