IGNORED

Know any collectors in Southern New Jersey or Greater Philadelphia area?

Hey!

I'm working on a cool project and I'm looking for people who collect valuable video games, comic books, music/movie/sports memorabilia, Pokemon, etc. I'd really like to find people who REALLY know about what they are collecting and either do it professionally or as a serious hobby. If you know someone and think they have a great personality, please share their social media info. If this sounds like you, please feel free to reach out directly at mmsmagnetic@gmail.com. I swear this is legit, I just can't announce the project, yet. You or the person you tell me about must be located in the Philadelphia/New Jersey areas, but they can be anyone from super well known to a legit hobbyist who is under the radar.

Thanks!

On 5/31/2021 at 5:57 PM, Bonanza125 said:

So you're expecting us or to ask our collector friends who have valuable games, comics, or collectables to contact you for a project that you can't announce? 

Yep. That's how it works when you produce a television show that you can't announce, yet. You have to be mysterious in public forums like this. When they contact you,  you can tell them more over the phone and give them information that verifies who you are. It's not that scandalous. This is how television shows are developed and produced before you know anything about them. But, thanks for your question.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, phart010 said:

33E129D2-191B-4236-9917-37AD1DFC9939.jpeg.4c294b93ff3620b183ebe1d4e72ef972.jpeg

I'll say this: My wife was the on-call substitute for Hell's Kitchen two times if any cast member dropped out before production. It's pretty commonplace to have NDAs and subcontracted casting companies having to keep quiet due to contractual obligations.

My ex-girlfriend works for Netflix as a producer; she is familiar with all of the casting and production companies in the Philadelphia area. I'm going to follow up with OP (and then my ex) and I will be able to quickly suss out if he's real or not. Will keep you all posted.

• Like 1

I am also a +1 when it comes to any curiosity when it comes to your project, @mmsmagnetic. But I am also a -1 when it comes to being in your area. Because as we speak, I am stuck in California while trying to find a financially feasible way to start a business in Japan. Which has me be on year 8.5 when it comes to that goal. 😅

As for being a serious collector... I have been carefully rebuilding my Dragon Quest collection since May of last year, with the official return to the game portion of the franchise happening in November. And because I am not trying to look like a "hardcore" collector, as I am putting my fandom before that, my collection is currently smaller than most.

Which has me feel that I got everything I want in regards to the main series. So unless I am convinced I am convinced that I need to add "XI S" (Switch version), or any of the spin-off games, I am putting both time and energy focusing on the merchandise portion of the franchise. And video footage, etc., that helps me create a narration for what I own. 🙂

Plus since my collection is strictly Japanese, what I end up owning will not be an import collection once my goal becomes a reality. So expect it to be treated as a future graded collection if we ever do talk. 👍

Not a collector but curious and in the city. Didn't think anybody from here was in this part of the world, I always assumed anybody with a ton of gaming stuff lived in the midwest or in the empty states out west, since it's where land and space are cheap. Surprised there's no tri-state meetups (though I guess the timing is poor for the past 15 months 😛)

8 hours ago, koifish said:

Not a collector but curious and in the city. Didn't think anybody from here was in this part of the world, I always assumed anybody with a ton of gaming stuff lived in the midwest or in the empty states out west, since it's where land and space are cheap. Surprised there's no tri-state meetups (though I guess the timing is poor for the past 15 months 😛)

Not really a meet up but Too Many Games ks a great convention to go to. I went a couple years in a row but missed last year, obviously, and the year before. 

If OP wanted to get in touch with collectors, maybe they'd, idk Google game convention in PA or NJ 🤷‍♂️

https://toomanygames.com/show/toomanygames-2021/

E: I should add I have a decent collection of over 1k games but I live in South Central PA. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer

2 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Not really a meet up but Too Many Games ks a great convention to go to. I went a couple years in a row but missed last year, obviously, and the year before. 

If OP wanted to get in touch with collectors, maybe they'd, idk Google game convention in PA or NJ 🤷‍♂️

https://toomanygames.com/show/toomanygames-2021/

E: I should add I have a decent collection of over 1k games but I live in South Central PA. 

I was super bummed about last year but I'm definitely going if they have it this year. Never been to a game convention before.