IGNORED

Silverspoon's Sunday Discussion Topic #12: How Important is E3 to you?

SilverspoonGaming

I wouldn't say E3 is important to me, but I do really enjoy it. There's just something fun about this big event where we get to celebrate the hobby we love. I still get excited before the big press conferences and like to read the opinion pieces about who "won" E3. It takes me back to the days when I used to anxiously await the July issue of EGM to see all the news.

As for this year, I thought the Xbox/Bethesda conference was fantastic. Even jf I don't buy a single game in the next 18 months, I'll have plenty of cool stuff to play with Game Pass.

The only other conference I watched was Square Enix which was an absolute disaster. They somehow managed to make every one of their games look bad. Even Guardians of the Galaxy looked pretty generic, although I did enjoy the banter between the characters.

Looking forward to Nintendo tomorrow. I'm hoping for Switch Pro and BotW 2. 🤞🤞🤞

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

E3 just doesn't mean much to me.  It's an event that I would never attend in person.  I enjoy watching some of the videos online, but to me, there is absolutely no difference between E3 streaming their content, and each individual  publisher/developer/console maker offering their own stream (which seems to be the ways things are moving towards).

As expected, Nintendo's presentation was the most enjoyable part of E3 (for me, anyway). Much like the Direct earlier this year, I wasn't extremely impressed by this Direct but there are definitely a few games I'm looking forward to. I'm glad Metroid Prime 4 was at least mentioned this time, a sequel to Breath of the Wild was easily the highlight, and of course I'm still looking forward to Mario Golf: Super Rush. Also, that Legend of Zelda Game & Watch looks cool.

Edited by MegaMan52

Watched the nintendo. There was a lot of franchises presented, not a lot of of new ones and a bunch of re-releases but a lot that looked good. My list of wants is probably Shin megami tensei v, advance wars 1+2, warioware, Metroid dread, Zelda game and watch, monkey ball, the wii u fatal frame getting a NA physical release, oh and Mario golf.