IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Battletoads!

BeaIank

5 minutes ago, RH said:

Lol, yeah.  I recalled seeing you had a shelf full of games and I thought there was no way you didn't have this one.  You have a complete collection of NES tapes?

lol 🙂

no nes set for me. i tried, got around 580+ loose carts. looked at like 400 of them and thought "why the hell do i have these" lol. then sold them to billy in 4c.

respect for anybody with a full set though. tough goal to complete.

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Events Team · Posted
36 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

What happens if you accidentally go over 500k? I don't know how likely that is to happen with warping and such.

You're supposed to go over 500k. Once you break it you stop.
So, highest possible score would be delivering the last blow to Dark Queen with a 499,900 or something score.

4 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

You're supposed to go over 500k. Once you break it you stop.
So, highest possible score would be delivering the last blow to Dark Queen with a 499,900 or something score.

Ohhhhhhh, okay. Got ya. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, imabadguy1 said:

I got my vengeance, the wind cloud was gracious today. 

Final Score: 501,050

Final Score + Bonus: 1,671,050

20210531_105827.jpg

Shouldn't your final score be 681k? That's impressive as hell though. I've never no deathed Battletoads.

I finally got out of Turbo Tunnel without a death and then had a stupid death in Arctic Caverns. I still think that the caverns are less of a pain with this rule set than the surf level with its RNG so I've been avoiding that one.

My goal for now is Terra Tubes. if I even get that far I'm happy.

I'm having a blast though. This is going to be a fun week!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, imabadguy1 said:

No but I do play it a lot. I can do some speedrun tricks but my fastest time without warps is like 45 minutes and with warps is 30.

Have you no deathed it without warps? Even with warps a no death run is extremely impressive.

1 minute ago, BeaIank said:

Glad you are having fun. That was the main idea with this rule set.
Freshen things up with Battletoads.

I like that you scrapped the rule about having to get down to one life on the first level. Being able to warp to the turbo tunnel is nice.

21 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Have you no deathed it without warps? Even with warps a no death run is extremely impressive.

Only with warps I can no death, I'm still at it for a no death warpless. My lowest with no warps is 2 deaths.

Edited by imabadguy1
  • Like 1

New score posted on my top post. I think I'm going to stop warping to Stage 3. I hit the stage three warp to 5 on my second attempt. Managed to get to the end of the turbo tunnel and hit the barrier before the warp.

Stage 5 feels unfair. I might skip that warp too and go to stage 4 but we'll see if I can get enough points in 4 to justify the lack of warping.

I'm loving this game and the rules. Thanks @BeaIank

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

Fuck Robo Manus dude. I got to him deathless and of course that's where I died. Then I practiced Terra Tubes and that's also going to be a nightmare to do deathless, oh well.

The further this goes the more stressful it gets!

1 hour ago, RH said:

New score posted on my top post. I think I'm going to stop warping to Stage 3. I hit the stage three warp to 5 on my second attempt. Managed to get to the end of the turbo tunnel and hit the barrier before the warp.

Stage 6 feels unfair. I might skip that warp too and go to stage 4 but we'll see if I can get enough points in 4 to justify the lack of warping.

I'm loving this game and the rules. Thanks @BeaIank

Warp to stage 3 and then beat the stage, go to the warp in stage 4 and you'll be at karnath's lair. From then, progress to the 2nd screen and when the snake first goes upwards, dash right and use that warp to intruder excluder. It's the easiest way to get far in the game and not having to deal with the rng of surf city. 

• Thanks 1