IGNORED

i might have a problem

Nes Freak

1 hour ago, tbone3969 said:

Ok so I can probably pick up a cheap game to make it around $500 total.  There aren't flash carts for these, are there?

Yes there are, there is a flash masta, a long retired UK based flashboy+ which the prices are sickening on.  And then Mellott over on planet VB is in the process now of designing/releasing a new flash kit that even uses this cool E-ink screen and it would be the one to get.

If you don't mind buying in pieces, and sending one off for partial repair I have a headpiece with 1/2 solder fixed eyes if you want to make a trade or make a price on it, not looking to get full value as it's not 100% and this isn't ebay either.

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'd agree with this as I've done a few and it's draining trying not to ruin the ribbon cable.  I figured out how to do them 2 years ago, and back then the prices hadn't skyrocketed to epic stupid levels yet.  The last 2 I got I was lied to and some oaf ruined 3 of 4 ribbon cables entirely, I'm talking curled crusty burnt bacon strip looking stuff where the copper wires spread all over in that mess.

One I got rid of fairly recently, and I have one more in my closet with one solder fixed side, the other is jacked up, but it does work.  If someone wants it I'd make a lovely trade or reasonable sale under ebay value, then you can have him or someone else just fix the other eye up and you're good to go.

A friend of mine on facebook if he still does them wanted like $10/eye to repair them in 2019, you just paid the shipping both ways.  I'm done bothering, not worth it and I can't source them for a respectable price anymore as I'm not a business.

You could buy a 'junk' one for like $30-50 online, then run the solder fix and sell the headpiece alone for $150 comfortably solder fixed before the dumb virus in 2019.  At that rate a stand was $30-40 (new or repop), the clip/visor was just below that range, and a controller was $25-30.  Battery box was like $15-20, people paid like $50-60 for the combo ac/adapter clip on tap for that since it sucks up AAs pretty bad like a game gear would.

If he's getting $450 for them now, they've nearly doubled in value in around 18mo.

It makes me glad I nailed that entire set down in 2019 by August, and I've even kept (short of stand an entire second solder fixed system lying around in case the first one croaks for parts.

thats stupid virus drove all the prices up.  its ridiculous...

2 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

thats stupid virus drove all the prices up.  its ridiculous...

Horrifically so.  If it wasn't because of the stupidity between that and then the racket WATA/HA investors have caused to trickle down as well I'd probably sell my backup system.  The money would be nice, but if something more ugly failed I'd be screwed as I'm NOT going to pay like $300-500 for another system, just like I keep the spare great eye guard foam+bracket, controller, and battery box too.  Insurance policy, nothing more or less which is a shame.

I'm stockpiling gameboy family stuff too.  I may have just one GB Light, Pocket, and AGB original, but the others (dmg, color, sp, sp 101, and micro I have 2-3+ of those with spare batteries and parts.  I've even got 2 DSLites, one I use, and a dead mint silver in the box still in case it ever croaks or meets an accident as the prices just suck.

• Like 1