Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, CorndogSTEVE99 said:

Does an item need to be expensive to be considered a grail or just rare?

Consider that this person also put "$GME" in their listing title. What exactly does Gamestop stocks have to do with this Goosebumps game?

It can be rare and not expensive, we see plenty of instances of that all over the place. All I'm saying is do a quick search on ebay for "grail" if you wanna have a good laugh.

This game is nowhere near rare or desirable enough to be considered a "grail" - consider that the term is supposed to basically mean "one of a kind, and of great significance; highly sought after". 

• Like 5

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, CorndogSTEVE99 said:

Idk the description kind of proves you wrong🤣😂

9EFD405D-6D34-4E76-B4B4-AB1D0AD3C01B.png

Not seeing the image or emotes in my activity stream my initial reaction was "Wtf is this person on about?" then I clicked in and had a good laugh. xD

Love it.

45 minutes ago, CorndogSTEVE99 said:

Idk the description kind of proves you wrong🤣😂

9EFD405D-6D34-4E76-B4B4-AB1D0AD3C01B.png

That’s awesome, lol.

It’s definitely a lot of money for a game, but there are games going for more. I know a lot of people love collecting variants, so I’d say it’s a grail for those collectors since it doesn’t seem plentiful.

I get a giggle every time I see the phrase "a grail" because the whole point of the Holy Grail is there is exactly one of it. That's why it's a thing.

It was originally used by association always as "the Grail" because people understood this - they'd claim something was "the Holy Grail" of Nintendo games or stamps or coins or whatever the category was.

But now it's become so overused people happily use the phrase "a grail" without noting the irony...:P

Administrator · Posted
5 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Ooh I do so love a good grail bashing thread.   Ahem.  Allow me.  Reddit is absolutely the worst about it.  I find the use of grail to just mean “thing I really wanted” annoying.

Ugh yeah I see that on there a lot. "Finally picked up my personal grail, Majora's Mask cart only!" 

• Haha 1

A lot of people seem oblivious to making the distinction between the words “holy grail” and “personal grail” (Particularly online sellers). Generally a “grail” means some very rare shit. When an individual is targeting a certain “grail” that then becomes their “personal grail”. However, if very few others care for your grail, then it’s simply “rare”. But then if a large proportion of collectors would go bonkers if they own “x grail”, then that would be suitable to be called “holy grail”. 

• Like 1