IGNORED

The SNES Rankings - Finished!

44 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Poor @Splain has been assisting since almost day one.

Once I finally finish, and then add the rest of the site functions, I'll start exploring adapting it to physical print format.  Mostly just to gift out.  Who knows how long that'll take though.  Or how big and heavy that damn thing would be. 

I will buy one

Awesome, something to read when I eat in a little... and I'm holding hitting reply until after that so this will make less sense.

Now that I've seen this bottom half of the top 50, ...wow solid, and don't blame you on the DrMario/Tetris and SMAS rationalization in that.

I have to say nice job not bucking to the hot button whiner effect, solid placement there with stuff like Ninja Gaiden Trilogy and of all things at that number, Civilization, that one still surprises me how well done it is especially if you use the mouse it improves even more (move cursor 8way vs 4way) among others.  I had forgot that one wasn't even placed since your search tool up there isn't working.  Very solid placement on the shooters, and totally agree with Metal Warriors wish I still had that....someday?  Evermore though I never have had it, intended to, but never have and I don't hate Mana and it's still a fine game but it does have a few bad moments especially early where you can get thrashed or lost too easy and stuck which is a sign of rushed design.  If evermore fixed that, nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't logged in here in a while, but I have been keeping up with the progress on your site. And I've turned all of my gaming buddies on to it as well. It's been an amazing ride, and I wanted to wish you well on the final stretch. Thanks for the hours of awesome reading, homie. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, scaryice said:

I'll say it again, you should post the last 25 one at a time, day by day in a big countdown for maximum hype.

Hmm, maybe... I do like the idea of that.  But I also don't have promises that I can be available every day, especially if shit goes sideways at work.

I'll ponder it.

7 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Well, fuck me.  If I start that countdown in a few weeks, I'd wrap up 5 years from the day of the first post.  Maybe that's a sign...

image.png.1ade31fbe869d3b15625bc6b61e480eb.png

Can you write a simple script to auto-post them each day? I’m not sure of your setup, but it should be doable.  Somehow.

Editorials Team · Posted
59 minutes ago, RH said:

Can you write a simple script to auto-post them each day? I’m not sure of your setup, but it should be doable.  Somehow.

Probably, assuming AWS s3 had an API.  But I ain't getting that done in the next 7 days when I need to spend that free time polishing up and finishing the entries for editing.

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Probably, assuming AWS s3 had an API.  But I ain't getting that done in the next 7 days when I need to spend that free time polishing up and finishing the entries for editing.

Use the AWS CLI for s3 it’s easy. 

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/userguide/setup-aws-cli.html

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
  • The title was changed to The SNES Rankings - 690/714 finished