IGNORED

The SNES Rankings - Finished!

Editorials Team · Posted

Just a heads up to everyone, but the next batch might be awhile (possibly 6+ months).  I had to restart the biggest game on the system from scratch, and it may take me another month or two to get through all of it.  And then I have to replay through another big RPG.  And then replay through another one.  And then I have to try and get through 3 other games.  And then I have to refresh myself on another 20-30 titles.

And I also wanted to make the write-ups for the top 100 a bit more verbose.

So, yeah...

• Like 3

On 7/20/2021 at 10:02 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

Just a heads up to everyone, but the next batch might be awhile (possibly 6+ months).  I had to restart the biggest game on the system from scratch, and it may take me another month or two to get through all of it.  And then I have to replay through another big RPG.  And then replay through another one.  And then I have to try and get through 3 other games.  And then I have to refresh myself on another 20-30 titles.

And I also wanted to make the write-ups for the top 100 a bit more verbose.

So, yeah...

I legitimately respect the amount of time you put in to have your reviews reflect an educated opinion. 

I can only get a few hours a week into an rpg and I dont have kids 😂😂

Mad props for your lack of sleep im sure you get!

Moderator · Posted
12 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I legitimately respect the amount of time you put in to have your reviews reflect an educated opinion. 

I can only get a few hours a week into an rpg and I dont have kids 😂😂

Mad props for your lack of sleep im sure you get!

He’s our modern day Renaissance Man, he games, he reads, he writes, he drinks beer, and he even finds time to occasionally parent and sleep. 

• Love 1

Editorials Team · Posted
23 minutes ago, doner24 said:

He’s our modern day Renaissance Man, he games, he reads, he writes, he drinks beer, and he even finds time to occasionally parent and sleep. 

Yeah... he also gave up team sports, attending sports games, fantasy football (retired this year), attending concerts, 90% of my trips downtown, 75% of my workouts, 90% of the game nights I used to host, 90% of the movie watching I used to do... 😅

Wednesdays are my night off - and we didn't have pub trivia this week - so I worked out at the gym at my work, then I just spent two hours playing SNES while watching TV and drinking a bomber.  Now I'll read for an hour for an hour, then I'll play Switch for an hour.  Bedtime goal is 12:30.  Gotta take advantage of every single minute 🍾

Moderator · Posted
4 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yeah... he also gave up team sports, attending sports games, fantasy football (retired this year), attending concerts, 90% of my trips downtown, 75% of my workouts, 90% of the game nights I used to host, 90% of the movie watching I used to do... 😅

Wednesdays are my night off - and we didn't have pub trivia this week - so I worked out at the gym at my work, then I just spent two hours playing SNES while watching TV and drinking a bomber.  Now I'll read for an hour for an hour, then I'll play Switch for an hour.  Bedtime goal is 12:30.  Gotta take advantage of every single minute 🍾

You’re the hero we don’t deserve, I’m tired just reading your schedule. 

On 7/21/2021 at 10:54 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Wednesdays are my night off - and we didn't have pub trivia this week - so I worked out at the gym at my work, then I just spent two hours playing SNES while watching TV and drinking a bomber.  Now I'll read for an hour for an hour, then I'll play Switch for an hour.  Bedtime goal is 12:30.  Gotta take advantage of every single minute 🍾

You know, I do wonder how you manage to find as much time as you do! I'm a sucker for the snooze button, so I don't game as much as I could be, even with a PSP and an emulator loaded fire tablet laying right there that kids have no access to. I'm inspired by the way you manage to maximize your alone time!

Edited by Kguillemette

Editorials Team · Posted
48 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

You know, I do wonder how you manage to find as much time as you do! I'm a sucker for the snooze button, so I don't game as much as I could be, even with a PSP and an emulator loaded fire tablet laying right there that kids have no access to. I'm inspired by the way you manage to maximize your alone time!

One of a handful of games left to beat (and one I will be putting at #100) is 40-60 hours long.  If not longer.  Since I already know where it's going, and have already played enough of it (twice) to know exactly how much I like it, my options are:

1) Call it a day now.  Move onto the next game, and shorten my timeline by 1-2 months.
2) Vow to finish it before I write about it, lending my voice a better sense of authority.  Play it for 30 minutes a night, single-handedly pushing this project out 2 months.
3) Vow to finish it and find a way to play it for an hour a night, shaving off an entire month.
4) Use a vacation day or two (I have a massive stockpile) and play the hell out of it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Editorials Team · Posted
On 7/4/2021 at 12:20 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Hey, I did the SNES Drunk + NES Friend podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/drunkfriend/id1503675453

I was sick off my ass so hopefully I was coherent and speaking clearly 😅

...and I swear I'm getting closer to finishing the next batch.  Six months later.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Hey, I did the SNES Drunk + NES Friend podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/drunkfriend/id1503675453

I was sick off my ass so hopefully I was coherent and speaking clearly 😅

...and I swear I'm getting closer to finishing the next batch.  Six months later.

Good listen and interesting process behind the rankings 👍

20 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

And now I’ve heard @Crabmaster2000 hahaaa 

you might have already but @arnpolywould be a good talk to for what he thinks is difficult.

Arnpoly is great, and I have been in contact and using his Take on the NES site as a reference. It's good info on some obscure stuff

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...