IGNORED

Console Debate #29 Xbox One

fox

How do you rate Xbox One?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Xbox One?

• 10/10 GOAT. Greatest console of all time.
    • 9/10 Bad@$$. One of the best.
    • 8/10 Exceptional. Everyone should play it.
    • 7/10 Superior. More than a few games you like.
    • 6/10 Good. You might occasionally enjoy playing it.
    • 5/10 Average. Smack dab in the middle.
    • 4/10 Mediocre. Not something you will go out of your way to play.
    • 3/10 Inferior. There are better alternatives to this.
    • 2/10 Poor. Barely worth turning on.
    • 1/10 Trash. No redeeming features.
    • Haven’t played, but interested.
    • No interest in it.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/2021 at 07:58 PM

Editorials Team · Posted

No interest. 

I was all in for the 360 over the PS3, with the controller, XBL and the large overlap of the best games between the two consoles being the primary reasons. 

But the next gen seemed to shift the strength back towards the exclusives, and they're all on the PS4.

9/10

Great platform, great library.

Maybe not enjoyed by the community here en masse, but like its primary competitor it's a fantastic platform to play games on. In terms of technical innovation though, I see very little improvement between its predecessor.

I owned this for a few years after college as my first console of the last gen and while at the time I certainly enjoyed it, I can say in hindsight that I made a mistake not jumping on the PS4 instead. Outside of a great controller that just reiterated on what was so great with the XBOX 360 controller, there's honestly just not a whole lot that makes the One stand out compared to either the Switch or the PS4. It has such a sad lineup of exclusives, with Rare Replay probably being the highlight to me, as I'm not a fan of racing games (and both Ori games no longer exclusive). Both Halo and Gears of War stumbled on this console, Fable never showed up, and there was a lack of anything else truly notable to stand up against Sony's titles like God of War, Spider-Man and Ghosts of Tsushima. Microsoft severely stumbled with this console, which otherwise is a fine machine, but without the exclusives, there just not really a reason to pick it up these days. 5/10. 

I'd give the ONE a 7.  It went toe to toe with the PS4 and did fine.  Both systems are kind of the same coin, just opposite sides with samey performance.  I could rate it higher, but the PC up staged both it and the PS4 since largely the games came out even more on there than the last generation that were worth buying.  At least the hardware isn't garbage like the 360 was.  That's a bonus for it, but a detractor is that it had no real personal value to own it, unless you really want to get on that xbox network, but that kind of overlaps now with PC too as well.  MS knows what's smart to make more, and it's not being stuck entirely on hardware that eventually breaks even.

Good system, good games, good controller, the good also ended up on PC, so the one is just there, but a good there the only real bad, paying to play online with others, and the games popped onto PC too so the hardware really isn't a necessity to own.

Edited by Tanooki

Sounds like what the President's console and Live handle would be! 😄  Still, while I would like to someday have an original Xbox for its MAME emulation (apparently it's ideal for playing retro arcade games/roms?) I don't see anything special in 360 or 'One in terms of console exclusives outside of its flagship Halo.

I gave it an 8/10. I got mine in 2016 and have been rocking it as a daily driver ever since. A lot of games released early for it like Battlefront, Master Chief Collection, and Rainbow 6 Siege matured really well.

The XBONE has been my media center since day 1. The UI makes changing streaming apps super easy and watching between streaming and gaming is practically seamless. Often times I'll watch a show with my wife and then switch over to my game without a single hiccup. 

Another plus for the XBONE is the best controller in the gaming industry. Just look at how every controller is slowly becoming more and more like the Xbox controller. It is the clear winner. And if I'm going to be playing a multiplatform game, why not use the best controller available.

For competitive or mainstream games where I care about comfort and performance, I'm choosing Xbox over PlayStation Everytime. XBONE was no exception. 

The whol Xbox series of systems is just a series of systems I've never got into.  I have 360 hooked up under my late model Trinitron.  I got it, with a lot of other games, for $50 at a yard sale and other than testing it, I've never used it.  I've also wanted to pick up all of the Halo games, and Serious Sam for the OG Xbox, because those are the only games for Xbox that I had experience with in college or at a friends house.

So, if I've not even picked up those 4-5 games in the past 2 years I've had a 360, playing the Xbox One, or whatever the latest one is, is pretty loooooow on my priority list.  IMHO, Halo and Forza are the only game series I'm remotely interested on playing on these machines, and that just doesn't justify the purchase of a new/semi-new system.

It looks cool though.  Like a cross between a desktop PC and a media unit you'd expect under your TV.

My biggest problem with it is how long it takes to install a game. It was very disappointing to wait sometimes more than a hour to install a game when it would only take a few seconds on the PS4. It made me use it way less than the PS4. At least I'm enjoying a lot more the Series X. 

1 hour ago, Galdius said:

My biggest problem with it is how long it takes to install a game. It was very disappointing to wait sometimes more than a hour to install a game when it would only take a few seconds on the PS4. It made me use it way less than the PS4. At least I'm enjoying a lot more the Series X. 

Was waiting to play cool games anything like this? 😄