IGNORED

Star Keeper NES - a copy sold for $450. Wow

acromite53

Oct 15, 2014 - Posted by zdxplay on page 38 of the Star Keeper Thread in the old NA Brewery.
"I said there were 40 copies of regular edition before, but this number was not correct. I had made 140 copies, of which, there were 100 copies of limited edition, 7 copies of gift edition, 11 copies kept and 6 copies had some problems during the welding process which are still under repair.

Therefore, actually, there are only 16 copies of normal editions which I shall sell them on ebay.

Please pay attention to my ebay online shop and I will sell them in the near future. "

Some History I dug up from the old Star Keeper Thread
August 2014 - 3 Gift Editions Sold on Ebay
Note 1: "The gift editions have the name of the player in the game LOGO image, Within 24 hours after payment, you can send me a PM or e-mail, which writes the name and ID of the ebay buyer you wish to display on the LOGO image, the letters must be uppercase, and less than 16 letters. " - zdxplay
Note 2: "the aim of the Gift Editions is to verify the reliability of the postal route" - zdxplay

September 10, 2014 - 100 Limited Copies were to be sold on sold on eBay, but he had issues: (What a wild night!)
Ebay Email to zdxplay:

Attention!

In order to maintain a safe trading environment, there is a limit to the item quantity which a seller can specify in one listing. The categories and types of items that are subject to limits and the quantity allowed may vary.

You have reached the 30-day selling limit for the type of item you're trying to list. This means that while you can list other types of items, you will need to wait 30 days or until your other listings of this type have ended before you can list this item.

Established accounts which demonstrate a history of excellent buyer satisfaction will be automatically subject to higher limits.

Sept 12, 2014 - 2 more Gift Editions were sold to test his PayPal Setup
September 12, 2014 - The gift transactions were successful. A list was made and sales started. 1 more Gift Edition for Dain was made.

Edited by Orab Games

Thanks for digging back into the details, Orab.

For some reason I thought there were like 80-86 copies of this one, don't know why.  (maybe that was the original price, is why that number is in my head?)

But regardless, the demand was through the roof, and there was practically a frenzy to get them initially.

Finally found it. What a pain to dig through the NA Archive and Wayback Machine.

October 20, 2014 - 16 Regular Editions were sold and I believe that was the last time this game was for sale.
http://web.archive.org/web/20141022011407/http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=134803&StartRow=251

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was lucky enough to get one of these during the initial release. Would I buy it for the price it's currently going for if I didn't have it.....probably not. Would I sell it for the price it's currently going for.....probably not.

Pretty fun game. I bust it out every once in a while to play. Addictive gameplay but it gets hard pretty quick.

• 4 weeks later...

I also got a regular edition at the time of release. While I’ve recently considered selling mine, I just can’t let go of it, especially considering there is no rom in existence to play it. It’s pretty addicting for any NES game, especially a homebrew. Maybe someday the creator will release a digital version for all to enjoy... seems highly unlikely. 😞

That reminds me... has anyone figured out the cheat code? When I originally purchased mine I sent the creator a PM thanking him and he mentioned there was a code hidden in the manual to give you extra lives. I see some odd notes throughout the pages that indicate a possible code, but I’ve never been able to figure it out.  Where the StarKeeper players at?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I still have mine stored away somewhere. Never got to play it since it only really works on official Nintendo consoles, most NES stuff I play on his on clone consoles.

I do recall something funny in the manual. There is a description to where one of the enemies "shits" on you. To read such a curse word in a Nintendo video game manual just cracks me up. 😆

Haha thanks!  I'm trying to figure out the code for extra lives (supposedly hidden within the games manual). I've tried everything from entering codes on the ' start-up' screen to the 'continue/ end' screen. Paused and Un-paused ...Even going as far as entering them backwards. And believe it or not i've been trying to enter them on player 2 controller as well lol   I've come up with nothing...But still trying 😆    

20200629_165158.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...