IGNORED

Wii U Gamepad Charger?

So a few weeks ago I managed to get a free Wii U from someone. It was the console, the gamepad, the pro controller and the HDMI/Power for the console. But no charging cables for the pro controller or gamepad.

I'm wondering can I just order the cheapest cable I can find off of eBay and will it be ok? Or will it fry the gamepad/controller? I heard that 3rd party cables can brick the Switch (I thankfully have an original cable for that), so I'm wondering about the Wii U. The cheapest original cable option is like $19 on eBay. A little expensive for a cable IMO.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

So a few weeks ago I managed to get a free Wii U from someone. It was the console, the gamepad, the pro controller and the HDMI/Power for the console. But no charging cables for the pro controller or gamepad.

I'm wondering can I just order the cheapest cable I can find off of eBay and will it be ok? Or will it fry the gamepad/controller? I heard that 3rd party cables can brick the Switch (I thankfully have an original cable for that), so I'm wondering about the Wii U. The cheapest original cable option is like $19 on eBay. A little expensive for a cable IMO.

We'll, it was free so you wouldn't be out any money if it does fry. If it were me, I'd chance it with a 3rd party now but upgrade as soon as possible.

Here's one on Amazon for $9 and 900+ reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Gamepad-Charger-Adapter-Nintendo-Controller/dp/B08776RQV7/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=wii+u+charger+for+gamepad&qid=1621140259&sprefix=wii+u+charg&sr=8-3

Or $5.50 for the USB version.

https://www.amazon.com/YOUSHARES-Wii-Gamepad-Interchangable-Charging/dp/B071S1B66Z/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=wii+u+charger+for+gamepad&qid=1621140333&sprefix=wii+u+charg&sr=8-4

Edited by Aguy