IGNORED

Can I be welcome here?

It's been awhile, hi.

I know I set a few people off years ago when philosophies were more competing.  Things change, don't let what used to rile me up bother me really anymore as it got to being fairly pointless.  It's more about just having fun now, being able to chit chat more than play these days due to life as it is.  I figured I'd reach out and see how it goes as this is yet is not the same space.  If not, I get it, and if so it would be nice to see how it goes.

• Like 9

I figured what the hell it was worth a shot.  I will stick around.  I can't make any promises, but I can say this much at least.

If you liked me in the past because I was more or less nice, shared info, tried to help out, maybe bought sold or traded something with you it should be fine.  If you're afraid that I'm going to go nuts about hardcore collector stuff and all that entails, forget it, I moved to another phase of that kind of moved on.

I've gotten rid of much of what I had down to more of what I had in the first place if that makes sense, but I'm also now an arcade machine and pinball machine owner.  Also this year and in probably both for this time record time and lack of spending completed the US Virtual Boy set with many little extras.  I never thought I'd have a set of anything, let alone even try but it happened.  Mostly with an eight year old now and various needs, I play when I can but phone aside that can be days or maybe weeks apart so it's easier to talk.

I have to admit I am surprised a bit at the response still so thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dewisp02 said:

What pinball machines and arcades? There is a club for arcade fans on here.  

Well at first I started out with a Gold Ball pinball machine that was SS but setup like an EM.  Luck would have it about a year later I ended up owning from a local a home use only owner Pin-Bot which I'm the third to have it now.  I got a bit tired of Gold Ball and more luck struck on facebook a year later and the moment I joined this local garage sale group I ended up spotting a cabinet.  Took some very fast work, sold/broke even on Gold Ball and got a cherry 2 slot Neo Geo MVS cabinet with 9 legit and the 161in1 cart with it and a few kit pieces too.  I've since pushed it up to a 30 cart library.  Also about two years ago scored a non-working free modern cocktail with a damaged icade60in1 in it.  For about $50 I got a replacement panel, replacement speaker, new key lock, and an interior black matte bezel to cover up the new panel area and got that working too.  The tabletop on that one is a repop of the Ms Pac-Man cocktail as is the stick area on both sides.  If this place has it as I haven't looked around yet I could share that elsewhere than crowd this up with images.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I figured what the hell it was worth a shot.  I will stick around.  I can't make any promises, but I can say this much at least.

If you liked me in the past because I was more or less nice, shared info, tried to help out, maybe bought sold or traded something with you it should be fine.  If you're afraid that I'm going to go nuts about hardcore collector stuff and all that entails, forget it, I moved to another phase of that kind of moved on.

I've gotten rid of much of what I had down to more of what I had in the first place if that makes sense, but I'm also now an arcade machine and pinball machine owner.  Also this year and in probably both for this time record time and lack of spending completed the US Virtual Boy set with many little extras.  I never thought I'd have a set of anything, let alone even try but it happened.  Mostly with an eight year old now and various needs, I play when I can but phone aside that can be days or maybe weeks apart so it's easier to talk.

I have to admit I am surprised a bit at the response still so thanks.

This site has been made for passionates of the hobby, and you definitely fit the bill, whatever what you own/owned and what you want to share with us now. Everyone that knew you on NA still remember you, and I'm pretty sure that most of them are completely okay to have you here as well. Really, you can feel at home Jeff!

• Like 1

OMG he actually showed back up! And I only had to say your name once. I wonder what would have happened had I mentioned you twice more...

Biggie Smalls...Biggie Smalls...Biggie Smalls.

Anyway, welcome back. Glad to have you around again, and hope you stick around for a while. 

Edited by Philosoraptor
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Philosoraptor said:

OMG he actually showed back up! And I only had to say your name once. I wonder what would have happened had I mentioned you twice more...*shudder*

Biggie Smalls...Biggie Smalls...Biggie Smalls.

Anyway, welcome back. Glad to have you around again, and hope you stick around for a while. 

You did?  Well if it were said 3x then it probably would have been like that old bloody mary mirror ritual or beetlejuice maybe?  I'll stick around, I still prefer to use forums over social media as it has too many cranks and it's too decentralized into fascinating tidbits than ongoing stuff.

I kept up on NA in more recent years by various means so I mean I saw the writing on the wall after that buy out, but I'll admit that did sting seeing what happened as it was well shocking.  It gave me flashbacks to an old job where one company bought another on a promise, and before the ink was dry we were all shutdown, and that seemed like a similar promise violation here too.

Either way despite what I said there, I've branched into other things.  When I got into VB I decided to get a bit of a better kit this year and learned how to repair those testy systems, and I've gotten into handheld refurbishment too.  Also I HDMI'd my Nintendo systems, all of them.  Toploader hidefnes kit, supernt, ultrahdmi, and gc2hdmi too (which covers all things GB.)  The only non-HD left are the psone+lcd and a core grafx2.  Also on a shoestring budget over a period of nearly 2 years I got flash kits for all my cart based systems except N64 which I think I'll do this black friday as last years was the pce.  Rather have fun in those limited times than stress how to cover it.  Oh also I did add one sealed game so I'm up to 2, got a Pokemon Red Version out of a goodwill in the last year for a $100 and thankfully paypal covered that.  I'll fill in any blanks if anyone cares I'm fine by that open or message.

7 minutes ago, chromableedstudios said:

Welcome back. Any chance you are still in contact with retron tech?

Sorry no.  Around the last few times you saw me talk about that it wasn't long after things went south on their end.  The head office where that friend of mine there worked out of decided to basically make him ghost his facebook presence and he just vanished.  He had mentioned something about changes, and that was about the time they stopped rolling out updates entirely and then he vanished.  I think they gave up on trying to make that messy thing any better and moved him elsewhere or let the guy go.  I got rid of it and went HDMI instead with flash kits as it just was unreliable junk.  The only hyperkin thing that never ceases to amaze me for actually being good I've kept is the Supaboy S/SFC because the d-pad isn't trash, the battery lasts lots longer, it doesn't get pissy over any special chip games, likes flash kits (I have a SD2SNES), and even handles the one off tweaky games that often fail on any other hardware and some emulators.