IGNORED

Who should Pawn Stars bring in for your “rare gem”?

On 5/2/2021 at 4:07 PM, JamesRobot said:

My coolest stuff is all homebrew.  So I'd go with our resident brew authority @Ferris Bueller.  

The problem with rare shit is that no one knows about it, lol. If people love Stadium Events, then I don't understand why there isn't more interest in Shadowhawk. Maybe the Solar Wars demo cart? Garage Cart? Bunny's Protos?

I mean, even blue Chiller I doubt would gauge much interest. 

Lol, not enough coffee and a long, long weekend. Totally misunderstood the topic. Also, need to put in my contacts. All around bad idea talking on the internet this early!

Edited by Ferris Bueller
Still waking up
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

It almost seems unanimous, whoever it will be, the next valuator only needs to follow a simple formula:

A. give a brief history of X game.

B. say the magic words “1 million dolla”! 🤑

C. Add extra fillers in between A and B (optional). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 5/3/2021 at 9:12 PM, DoctorEncore said:

I'm willing to pay real American Dollars for this level of clout. Can you guys take a full NES set all at once? Also, do you take literal sacks of pennies and metaphorical sacks of DOGE?

1581470559_DrEncoreAppraisalCertificate.jpg.5b8aa3ce57c7f2b479fdc9cc85cc832d.jpg

@Gloves is the VGS game valuation service recognized by all major insurance companies? We've gotta make sure the Doc here gets "bank" in case of a flood or a domestic bear-attack.

-CasualCart

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

1581470559_DrEncoreAppraisalCertificate.jpg.5b8aa3ce57c7f2b479fdc9cc85cc832d.jpg

@Gloves is the VGS game valuation service recognized by all major insurance companies? We've gotta make sure the Doc here gets "bank" in case of a flood or a domestic bear-attack.

-CasualCart

Funny you should ask!

Now announcing, the official VGS Insurance Scam Service!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Now that I get what's going on (thanks for saying you'd call on me, guys!), this would be my list.

Somewhere a producer is writing down all your guys' info, lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I would just want Deniz so he can rip apart my homebrew or Japanese game or PC game like he did DRob’s Atari games so people don’t want to invest in those.

Are you saying you’re happy to make a loss or break even? 🤔

9 minutes ago, GPX said:

Are you saying you’re happy to make a loss or break even? 🤔

What? I'm not going on Pawn Stars to sell something, who does that? I'm purely there to manipulate the market, except instead of trying to hype Nintendo shrink wrap, it would be to de-hype stuff I like.

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

4 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

What? I'm not going on Pawn Stars to sell something, who does that? I'm purely there to manipulate the market, except instead of trying to hype Nintendo shrink wrap, it would be to de-hype stuff I like.

Ok, now it makes sense!

12 hours ago, oshf said:

Jeff from GoCollect

He can be the go-to guy whenever a Carolina pedigree game pops up. Looking forward to the recall of how he met Dain, in a similar intro narration to “How I met your mother”.

On 5/2/2021 at 10:57 AM, Hammerfestus said:

The CD resurfacing guy?  

The only thing I have that don’t know the value of is...well I don’t even know who I’d ask.  I saw @PapaStu is on here.  He’s one of only two names I’ve ever seen actually discussing these things and that was some really old threads.  (The other being Dangerboy) Pretty sure it’s a let the auction figure it out sort of thing and the magic number is probably like $20.  Never see the damn things but I have no idea who else is collecting this stuff.  All I ever hear is crickets.  Which is why I need a pure bullshit hype man.  Wait?  Can I just use WATA guy?

edit (a bit less silly):

If I was picking someone active here I’d probably go with someone like @TDIRunner.  He seems to have that same PlayStation sickness I had for a while 😝.  Ive seen his posts/thoughts on PlayStation collecting for a long time now.  

You rang?

Hard thing is that value for stuff is so all over the wall now. Stuff that was never going for money, let alone stupid money has blown up the last year thanks to the pandemic. I don't think that Dangerboy or I could really accurately assess items  some dude who's walking into Pawn Stars with something legitimately rare and pinning down an accurate price. Because as most should know, rare does not equal value.  I've got some things for the PS that are very very very rare and I could guarantee that they'll not pull as much as someone dumping bad money after good for a sealed (not even graded) Crash Bandicoot or Resident Evil.  People tend to chase the notoriety or known items over something that's really scarce/rare because that's where the flip is vs where the deep dive collector resides IMO.

If you need a price estimate on something let me know, I'll gladly take a swing at it and i'll bounce it off DB too (we chat near daily).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PapaStu said:

You rang?

Hard thing is that value for stuff is so all over the wall now. Stuff that was never going for money, let alone stupid money has blown up the last year thanks to the pandemic. I don't think that Dangerboy or I could really accurately assess items  some dude who's walking into Pawn Stars with something legitimately rare and pinning down an accurate price. Because as most should know, rare does not equal value.  I've got some things for the PS that are very very very rare and I could guarantee that they'll not pull as much as someone dumping bad money after good for a sealed (not even graded) Crash Bandicoot or Resident Evil.  People tend to chase the notoriety or known items over something that's really scarce/rare because that's where the flip is vs where the deep dive collector resides IMO.

If you need a price estimate on something let me know, I'll gladly take a swing at it and i'll bounce it off DB too (we chat near daily).

😂 I’m pretty sure that was the point you guys made in one of the digitpress threads to which I’m referring.  

I was actually talking about the Lightspan discs that aren’t the same handful of sets you see in every lot.  Seriously.  Been collecting the damn things forever but I swear they simply never pop up.  Luckily because of what you were saying, when they do pop up they’ll probably just be priced like all the commons.

8 hours ago, PapaStu said:

You rang?

The market is as you say, too volatile and too hard to pin an accurate price guess. Absolute rares can still be had relative cheap. And the absolute commons can go for 5 digits! Who really knows what the price formula is in today’s market?

Your post also has got me thinking..if one of us comes in with a grail piece, he/she might in fact be the best person to evaluate the price of said piece! Because there would have been several years history of tracking the item and/or following the market for it since owning it. So technically, bringing in another so-called expert might be none the wiser than the seller entering Pawn Stars! 🤔

12 minutes ago, GPX said:

Your post also has got me thinking..if one of us comes in with a grail piece, he/she might in fact be the best person to evaluate the price of said piece! 

I ran in to this trying to insure my collection. They wanted an "expert" to verify the prices and I got to say, "What if I'm the expert?"

5 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I ran in to this trying to insure my collection. They wanted an "expert" to verify the prices and I got to say, "What if I'm the expert?"

Then what did they say? 🙂

• Like 1