IGNORED

Who should Pawn Stars bring in for your “rare gem”?

Just a fun hypothetical..

Suppose you wanted to sell/hype/price-pump your rarest and most expensive game that you have. You decide to bring it to Pawn Stars to get some exposure. The game you have isn’t graded over at WATA, and they’re unlikely to be the best people to evaluate a price for your chosen game.

So...who would you prefer for Pawn Stars to come on to “price guess” for your game valuation?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Good choice. He can valuate for the loose/CIB N64 games and sealed Japanese Dreamcast games. 

Except if fcgamer is the seller, then OptOut needs to make way for someone else to valuate. Can’t trust those 2 if they come together on Pawn Stars..

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

To fit in with the Pawn Stars / WATA / HA way of doing business, my best friend who actually owns a 50% share in the game. This will be disclosed in the end credits, in 4pt font that scrolls off the screen in half a second.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/2/2021 at 1:33 PM, Code Monkey said:

They'd call Pat and he'd look it up in his book.

The CD resurfacing guy?  

The only thing I have that don’t know the value of is...well I don’t even know who I’d ask.  I saw @PapaStu is on here.  He’s one of only two names I’ve ever seen actually discussing these things and that was some really old threads.  (The other being Dangerboy) Pretty sure it’s a let the auction figure it out sort of thing and the magic number is probably like $20.  Never see the damn things but I have no idea who else is collecting this stuff.  All I ever hear is crickets.  Which is why I need a pure bullshit hype man.  Wait?  Can I just use WATA guy?

edit (a bit less silly):

If I was picking someone active here I’d probably go with someone like @TDIRunner.  He seems to have that same PlayStation sickness I had for a while 😝.  Ive seen his posts/thoughts on PlayStation collecting for a long time now.  

Edited by Hammerfestus
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, The Count said:

Yeah, I'd bring in a buddy from here at VGS and they could inflate my game so it could be pimped out on TV before heading to the Bay.

This is the rare Sesame Street ABC/123 cart - see it has BOTH games on it, a rarity for the time, discounting of course those disgusting bootleg carts which had upwards of 100 games in them. I'd value this, cart-only as it is, around 100k. In fact I know a guy who'd jump on that right now.

• Haha 3

I would like Gloves to appraise my  cib Perfect Dark. I envision a hot pink pair of gloves with left bros leopard print. You only see the gloves in the scene. And the awesome gloves slap the camera at the end of the appraisal and it cuts to Michael Jordan dunking a basketball. I'm gonna be a millionaire.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

This is the rare Sesame Street ABC/123 cart - see it has BOTH games on it, a rarity for the time, discounting of course those disgusting bootleg carts which had upwards of 100 games in them. I'd value this, cart-only as it is, around 100k. In fact I know a guy who'd jump on that right now.

Nah dude see this eliminator boat dual misprint? One of kind I'll take a million for it

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gloves said:

Actually VGS has an upcoming game valuation service in the works; if you ever appear on Pawn Stars just hit me up and I'll come down.

Please let @CasualCart be designing the most ludicrous grading cards ever seen by mankind. I definitely didn't purposely shout him out to give us a preview 🤩

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gloves said:

As much as I respect you gloves I don't think you could valuate what I would like to bring on the show.... In fact there's probably no one who could

@RpgCollector  and/or @JVOSS.  They can go on and on about rare and "important" GB variants.

"This is a very common game, but this variant is extremely rare.  Only 5 are known to exist.  It's more rare than a first run SMB1 for the NES."

[Insert picture of shocked guy with a grade on his forehead and a shocked dog]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RH said:

@RpgCollector  and/or @JVOSS.  They can go on and on about rare and "important" GB variants.

"This is a very common game, but this variant is extremely rare.  Only 5 are known to exist.  It's more rare than a first run SMB1 for the NES."

Screenshot_2019-10-19-17-06-11-22.thumb.png.b76b2b94ecc25a4c8994da8dfbe3698e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, RH said:

@RH, @Splain, @RpgCollector  are the master minds for GB and @fcgamer, @OptOut are the master minds behind the Asian gb

Edited by JVOSS
  • Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted
9 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Please let @CasualCart be designing the most ludicrous grading cards ever seen by mankind. I definitely didn't purposely shout him out to give us a preview 🤩

An appraisal service assigns value, not grades. But how about a snazzy certificate haha?

(The tiny writing says "pacman certified". So you know it's legit.)

-CasualCart

1819681605_VGSAppraisalCertificate.jpg.45a6f5bdbcac904bada0ce6edc1f46b2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, CasualCart said:

An appraisal service assigns value, not grades. But how about a snazzy certificate haha?

(The tiny writing says "pacman certified". So you know it's legit.)

-CasualCart

1819681605_VGSAppraisalCertificate.jpg.45a6f5bdbcac904bada0ce6edc1f46b2.jpg

I'm willing to pay real American Dollars for this level of clout. Can you guys take a full NES set all at once? Also, do you take literal sacks of pennies and metaphorical sacks of DOGE?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d love to be on the show actually.

Share some NES info, and get dunked on by angry game collectors for disappointing their numbers.

But, I don’t know if it’s possible since I’m a bit too friendly towards WATA...then again Deniz himself is on the show 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2