IGNORED

PAL N64 fullset ACHIEVED! Collection journey celebration!!!

• 7 months later...

EPIC FAIL...

I just took delivery of my N64 games I bought earlier in the year to "complete" my PAL set. My folks had been holding on to them, and were finally able to send them to me along with Xmas stuff.

There I was, happily putting the last 12 games into my tubs where they belong, when all of a sudden a cold shiver shot down my spine, right into my ASS... There was a GAP!!! A game was missing from one of my tubs!

Cryptocurrency Bitcoin Meme GIF by Bitcoin & Crypto Creative Marketing

Turns out, my set isn't complete after all! I had overlooked one game... SUPERCROSS 2000!!!

No, no, no, there MUST be some mistake! I HAVE supercross 2000, I have it! 😬

N64 Nintendo 64 - Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 | eBay

Phew... What a relief!!! Must have just doubled up on the tub label right? A simple misunderstanding... right... RIGHT?! 😨

Might as well google it a second, just double check... Dot the i's cross the t's... Oh fuck.

EA Sports Supercross 2000 Nintendo 64 N64 PAL (Preowned) | Buy Video Games  - 6825100

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

How and why are there TWO games called Supercross 2000 on the N64?!!! Who made this decision?! Why didn't anyone tell ME?!!!! WHO THE FUCK EVEN IS JEREMY MCGRATH?!!! 😵

I kneel before you today, a broken, humbled man. A hack-fraud of the most pure and despicable and deplorable kind. Without one of every N64 game, I am nothing. 😓

• Haha 4

Events Helper · Posted
19 hours ago, OptOut said:

EPIC FAIL...

I just took delivery of my N64 games I bought earlier in the year to "complete" my PAL set. My folks had been holding on to them, and were finally able to send them to me along with Xmas stuff.

There I was, happily putting the last 12 games into my tubs where they belong, when all of a sudden a cold shiver shot down my spine, right into my ASS... There was a GAP!!! A game was missing from one of my tubs!

Turns out, my set isn't complete after all! I had overlooked one game... SUPERCROSS 2000!!!

Phew... What a relief!!! Must have just doubled up on the tub label right? A simple misunderstanding... right... RIGHT?! 😨

Might as well google it a second, just double check... Dot the i's cross the t's... Oh fuck.

EA Sports Supercross 2000 Nintendo 64 N64 PAL (Preowned) | Buy Video Games  - 6825100

How and why are there TWO games called Supercross 2000 on the N64?!!! Who made this decision?! Why didn't anyone tell ME?!!!! WHO THE FUCK EVEN IS JEREMY MCGRATH?!!! 😵

I kneel before you today, a broken, humbled man. A hack-fraud of the most pure and despicable and deplorable kind. Without one of every N64 game, I am nothing. 😓

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

• Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, RH said:

Voting Election 2020 GIF by Joe Biden

My only hope is that, in time and with your love and support, I can pick myself up from this lowest of lows, to win back your trust and respect. 🤕

I know there is a mountain to climb ahead of me, and finding that strength and will to keep going is gonna need me to dig deeper than I ever have.

BUT I promise you all this, on this very day! I WILL purchase Supercross 2000 from Australian eBay and send it to @Shmup

Maybe not today... maybe not tomorrow... But one day soon... when he is back from Xmas vacation. 🎅

In the meantime, all I ask from the rest of you is understanding, forgiveness and mercy. 😔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Shmup said:

Agreed. I’m still trying to think of some way to mess with him. Maybe send the carts via boat hahaha.

ship them to me!!!!  I will hold them here for a day or two, then send to the next one until all vgs members have fondled his carts!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Of course, I post humor (or humour) because I care.

I expect no less from you if/when I do my GB inventory and find out I'm one to two carts shy of a complete set because I never checked inventory once I checked everything off of the spreadsheet.

Hmmm, your cautionary tale is motivating me check it out this break.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I was gonna say that Oz is the land of death, lots of things can kill you there, so just include replicas of each and ship it to him!

Haha. I’ll put a box full of spiders, snakes, crocodiles, sharks and koalas (the most vicious of all, they look cute but can rip your face off)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 4:29 PM, OptOut said:

EPIC FAIL...

You’re not the first and unlikely to be the last to make this mistake. The N64 library is filled with so many NBA, NFL games with similar titles, it’s nauseating to go through the checklist when nearing a complete set. 

🤮

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

IMG20220217121324.jpg.6549a9f1b890db276790566520820bf4.jpg

Well, I'm done again! 😉

Big thanks to @Brickman for forwarding these to me from the land down-under! And thanks for the Tim Tam bonus too, my thighs will appreciate them! 😄

While I was on Aussie eBay I decided it was also a good opportunity to pick up the Australian exclusive PAL gold OoT and yellow DK64, I had always wanted them but never really had a good reason to go out of my way to get em until now, so actually this whole thing has been pretty worthwhile in the end!

I also bought All star tennis 99, because I have the Yannick Noah label variant, but I didn't have this one, so again, when in Rome... Or when in Australia I guess! 🦘 😅

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, OptOut said:

IMG20220217121324.jpg.6549a9f1b890db276790566520820bf4.jpg

Well, I'm done again! 😉

Big thanks to @Brickman for forwarding these to me from the land down-under! And thanks for the Tim Tam bonus too, my thighs will appreciate them! 😄

While I was on Aussie eBay I decided it was also a good opportunity to pick up the Australian exclusive PAL gold OoT and yellow DK64, I had always wanted them but never really had a good reason to go out of my way to get em until now, so actually this whole thing has been pretty worthwhile in the end!

I also bought All star tennis 99, because I have the Yannick Noah label variant, but I didn't have this one, so again, when in Rome... Or when in Australia I guess! 🦘 😅

Congratulations....again! 🤣

• Thanks 1

I was almost a fraud myself today.  (I really need to do that final inventory on my GB set and stop trusting my spreadsheet too.)

So, I have an NFR copy of Tetris Attack.  I couldn't find it. I poked around my collection and it was in my "regular" set.  Ooof.  There was no standard cart, Tetris Attack behind it and I thought my list collection had a hole.  Fortunately, my dupe pile had two of  them, so all was right in the world but that was too close for commfort.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1