IGNORED

What are the rarest games for nes.

ThadMyster

Damn it @DefaultGen I told you to ping me if it was important. But fine, I’ll contribute.

Rarest games in the NES library go like this:

1. Sqoon
  2. Chubby Cherub
  3. Minnesota State Lottery
  4. Donkey Kong Jr Math
  5. Family Fun Fitness: Stadium Events
  6. Family Fun Fitness: Athletic World (Family Fun Fitness variant)
  7. RC Pro Am 2 (PAL)
  8. Hagane
  9. Maj Jong (not to be confused with Mah Jong)
  10. Howard Phillips signed copy of Super Mario / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Damn it @DefaultGen I told you to ping me if it was important. But fine, I’ll contribute.

1. Sqoon
  2. Chubby Cherub
  4. Donkey Kong Jr Math
  7. RC Pro Am 2 (PAL)
  8. Hagane
  10. Howard Phillips signed copy of Super Mario / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet

you might want to make an adjustment to nr. 7

loose Spanish (ESP coded) copies of Ultimate Air Combat , Phantom Air Mission & Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat , are WAAAAYYYYYY harder to get.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

1. Sqoon
  2. Chubby Cherub
  4. Donkey Kong Jr Math
  7. RC Pro Am 2 (PAL)
  8. Hagane

I lol’d

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2021 at 11:48 AM, Code Monkey said:

Can you find one on eBay right now? Then it isn't rare. Ducktales 2, Snow Brothers, not rare, I've seen multiple sealed copies.

My list would be like this:

1. Nintendo Campus Challenge
  2. Q Sound
  3. Mah Jong
  4. Ducktales silver
  5. Myriad 6-In-1
  6. Hot Slots
  7. Peek-A-Boo Poker
  8. Nintendo World Championships
  9. Stadium Events
  10. first print Athletic World

Hey when you say a first print Athletic World are you referring to the box being rare...I know there is a super rare family fun box that is out there...or are you referring to a rare loose 5 screw cart??? 😁

14 hours ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

Hey when you say a first print Athletic World are you referring to the box being rare...I know there is a super rare family fun box that is out there...or are you referring to a rare loose 5 screw cart??? 😁

The same games were used in first and second print so I'm referring to the box.

18 hours ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

The same games were used in first and second print so I'm referring to the box.

Coincidentally, one of these just went up for auction on eBay a couple days ago. Its pretty beat up, but it should still fetch a fair price. I'm watching it with interest.

• 1 year later...

Sweet baby jesus, I need to stop googling oddball NES stuff. The vein in my forehead can be seen from space after reading this thread.

AGCI Wally Bear is a proto. I know this because I owned one. If you're going to put it on a best of list, then add every other proto with differences. Only one of those protos had a label, and it was falling off. Mine was blank. If neither had a label, you wouldn't even be considering it. Holy fuck, come on now. The what ifs around Sharedata Chiller are worse. You don't know, period, take it off the list. Again, no label and it wouldn't be in the conversation. 

Little Samson and Flintstones 2 are not #2 and #3 because you have OMGRARE bias. 2 decades of circle jerking, the Blockbuster bullshit with Flintstones and pictures like this have influenced the perception of both games incorrectly. The sad part is there's a significant chance some of the winners in that pic posted in this thread. Fml.

It gets worse with games from other regions. As mentioned in this thread, Americans shouldn't really make any determinations of "rare" or "hard to find" when they don't live in those regions. You have tunnel vision that you can't cure.

On top of all this, rarity lists do not matter, period. They are all wrong. All of them. What matter is price. "oh my should I buy this game which is a R5 or this one is the R7 oh ho ho, clearly the R7, excuse me while I drink my lavender rooibos earl grey hyrbid tea with my pinkie extended".

Fuck that. No one is doing that. What they're doing is looking at the price. Game X is $20 over going rate and Game Y is $20 under. You buy the one priced under. X is beat to shit and Y is not. Do you care about condition? Then you go with the Y. Or you buy the game you're actually going to play. Or even want to own the most. The only way rarity should be a consideration is after all other things have been considered and it at that point, the inaccuracy of whatever list you are referencing makes referring to rarity useless.

The ironic thing is, at least as far as licensed goes price-wise, because lol you goobers killed unlicensed collecting, is Little Samson and Flintstones 2 are #2 and #3. Damage's been done, which makes me glad reality mutually-assured-destruction'd the original NA.

Edited by port
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, port said:

The ironic thing is, at least as far as licensed goes price-wise, because lol you goobers killed unlicensed collecting, is Little Samson and Flintstones 2 are #2 and #3. Damage's been done, which makes me glad reality mutually-assured-destruction'd the original NA.

What do you mean killed unlicensed collecting? There's cheap stuff and expensive stuff just like the licensed games

Edit: Oh. I started typing up that response before MrWunderful's message dropped and didn't notice I was responding to a necrobump. Should I not have done that?

Edited by Ankos

53 minutes ago, port said:

AGCI Wally Bear is a proto

The what ifs around Sharedata Chiller are worse. You don't know, period, take it off the list. Again, no label and it wouldn't be in the conversation.

The only reason anyone ever mentions AGCI Wally Bear is because BuyAtari never shut the fuck up about it back on NA.  He owned a copy and brought it up in literally every single thread about NES in existence, times a thousand; but no one with a brain counts it.

As for Sharedata Chiller, the only guy on the planet who counts that is Fcgamer (who you might remember as TRM), but he pretty much counts every single video game cartridge ever made.  If it's for sale on Aliexpress, it's canon... 😛

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, port said:

Sweet baby jesus, I need to stop googling oddball NES stuff. The vein in my forehead can be seen from space after reading this thread.

AGCI Wally Bear is a proto. I know this because I owned one. If you're going to put it on a best of list, then add every other proto with differences. Only one of those protos had a label, and it was falling off. Mine was blank. If neither had a label, you wouldn't even be considering it. Holy fuck, come on now. The what ifs around Sharedata Chiller are worse. You don't know, period, take it off the list. Again, no label and it wouldn't be in the conversation. 

Little Samson and Flintstones 2 are not #2 and #3 because you have OMGRARE bias. 2 decades of circle jerking, the Blockbuster bullshit with Flintstones and pictures like this have influenced the perception of both games incorrectly. The sad part is there's a significant chance some of the winners in that pic posted in this thread. Fml.

It gets worse with games from other regions. As mentioned in this thread, Americans shouldn't really make any determinations of "rare" or "hard to find" when they don't live in those regions. You have tunnel vision that you can't cure.

On top of all this, rarity lists do not matter, period. They are all wrong. All of them. What matter is price. "oh my should I buy this game which is a R5 or this one is the R7 oh ho ho, clearly the R7, excuse me while I drink my lavender rooibos earl grey hyrbid tea with my pinkie extended".

Fuck that. No one is doing that. What they're doing is looking at the price. Game X is $20 over going rate and Game Y is $20 under. You buy the one priced under. X is beat to shit and Y is not. Do you care about condition? Then you go with the Y. Or you buy the game you're actually going to play. Or even want to own the most. The only way rarity should be a consideration is after all other things have been considered and it at that point, the inaccuracy of whatever list you are referencing makes referring to rarity useless.

Step 1: Talk about how everyone is wrong about everything.

Step 2: Don't provide any references.

Step 3: Okay, bye.

Edited by Code Monkey

For those not in the know from the middle ages of NA-

“port” was some guy that had internet drama with the old NA heads from back in the day over something, and at one point created an Anti-NA where all him and a few other guys did was make fun of NA and rage about how said old NA dudes ruined collecting or something. 

Guy always seemed weirdly knowledgeable to me, like could probably write a good book but probably isnt too fun at a party. The majority of his posts ive seen are stuck in peak early 2000s AOL chat nerd rage.

The good old days!

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Ankos said:

What do you mean killed unlicensed collecting? There's cheap stuff and expensive stuff just like the licensed games

Edit: Oh. I started typing up that response before MrWunderful's message dropped and didn't notice I was responding to a necrobump. Should I not have done that?

You are fine. 

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

The only reason anyone ever mentions AGCI Wally Bear is because BuyAtari never shut the fuck up about it back on NA.  He owned a copy and brought it up in literally every single thread about NES in existence, times a thousand; but no one with a brain counts it.

As for Sharedata Chiller, the only guy on the planet who counts that is Fcgamer (who you might remember as TRM), but he pretty much counts every single video game cartridge ever made.  If it's for sale on Aliexpress, it's canon... 😛

Heck he's even made some carts himself, probably counts those too!

Moderator · Posted
1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

For those not in the know from the middle ages of NA-

“port” was some guy that had internet drama with the old NA heads from back in the day over something, and at one point created an Anti-NA where all him and a few other guys did was make fun of NA and rage about how said old NA dudes ruined collecting or something. 

Guy always seemed weirdly knowledgeable to me, like could probably write a good book but probably isnt too fun at a party. The majority of his posts ive seen are stuck in peak early 2000s AOL chat nerd rage.

The good old days!

He also had a blog or webpage or something describing the dumps he took as well, which seems apt. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:
46 minutes ago, doner24 said:

He also had a blog or webpage or something describing the dumps he took as well, which seems apt. 

Yeah, he called it he Log Log...

Couldn't help noticing It took exactly 7 months to the day for this thread to touch rock bottom.