IGNORED

What are the rarest games for nes.

ThadMyster

On 4/30/2021 at 9:46 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

Gotcha shows up far less frequently (as does Star Force and a few others, but I'm just comparing LJN brothers over here).

Myriad is significantly more rare than SE; just about every Myriad known to exist in collectors hands today can be traced back to the small sealed batch found at a thrift shop in Texas in the late 90's.

ThePhleo's blog has probably the best NES rarity list I've seen in the last 20+ years, and I've seen a lot of rarity lists.  So OP should go with that...

Wouldn't it be funny if all the myriad carts were "made" by a collector back in the day in an attempt to make an artificially rare game

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

@Tulpa is a Silent Service apologist!

I'll admit to being one.  I've owned that cartridge ever since it was on the market.  It's fun, if you know how to play it right...otherwise certain parts are unplayable if you don't realize it's a 2 controller game. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

😛

I actually do think it's one of the better computer ports to the NES, and possibly the best simulator game. It's just not a pick up and play style game, you have to know what you're doing. And when a destroyer is on your ass, it's genuinely tense.

And yes, you need a second controller to unlock all the features on the sub.

• Like 1

I remember renting Silent Service on more than one occasion.  I definitely enjoyed it even as a kid, although not having access to the manual really hurt my ability to play effectively.  You could play it, and even do fairly well without it, but man, those extra options do make a difference!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

I could answer the question that the thread title poses, but I ain't doin' it for free. All these suckers out here "discussing" the rarest NES game. This is why you're all not rich.

Yeah yeah we know you cornered the market much like the TG guy did over a decade or two ago with Magical Chase with your sole ownership of the only crate of Super Doge-o Bros.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:28 PM, MrWunderful said:

My uncle was in the navy and worked on a sub around the time it came out. When he got out of the service we would sit and play that game for hours. Honestly I loved that game. Still do. I also understand I am in the extreme minority though😂

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/30/2021 at 7:47 PM, MrWunderful said:

Sqoon labels are garbage too. Mint Sqoon is HTF

My copy is beat

image.jpg.957bda7c4a67d4f28f1443dd34222ade.jpgimage.jpg.922e877e9a8cd3fcc921e5f4b355a24d.jpg

Dirty @docile tapeworm style cart

Shout out to champion video

Guess I got lucky.  Mine is in perfect shape and I got it very randomly at a record store in Chicago that got some small NES lot in and let me trade a bunch of other media in to take it home.

28 minutes ago, 8bitsupremacy said:

Was Sharedata Chiller ever actually confirmed to be a real release?  I thought it got dismissed/debunked as being some proto or review copies that leaked out?  I remember poking around on the web once researching that thing and that was the consensus I thought.

There are a bunch of Sharedata Chillers right (double digits, I don't remember where I got that number. I remember a new one coming up in an Ebay lot this year or last year too). Is AGCI Wally Bear still a one-off? There are a suspiciously "high" amount of Sharedata Chillers for it to be completely dismissed as not counting. Although, I think publisher variants shouldn't "count" because they're never, ever consistently applied across sets. No one has ever listed a Majesco Mega Man X as a completely separate SNES game, BUT that's a different conversation.

@ThePhleocan probably give me an exact count on Chillers and explain why it's the coolest, most counting-est unlicensed game ever.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

There are a bunch of Sharedata Chillers right (double digits, I don't remember where I got that number. I remember a new one coming up in an Ebay lot this year or last year too). Is AGCI Wally Bear still a one-off? There are a suspiciously "high" amount of Sharedata Chillers for it to be completely dismissed as not counting. Although, I think publisher variants shouldn't "count" because they're never, ever consistently applied across sets. No one has ever listed a Majesco Mega Man X as a completely separate SNES game, BUT that's a different conversation.

@ThePhleocan probably give me an exact count on Chillers and explain why it's the coolest, most counting-est unlicensed game ever.

No retail box in existence = no retail release 😛

(...and it would almost certainly have come with a manual too...)

• Like 1