IGNORED

Gold plated Wii gifted for Queen Elizabeth up for sale!

25 minutes ago, phart010 said:

The article says the queen never even took possession of it. I have a regular Wii that the queen never took possession of. Mine is only $10k 🤪

Yeah, all the language surrounding this console is “made for the queen”, “intended for the queen”, etc. If I intend to give my copy of Super Mario Bros. to the queen and she doesn’t want it, I don’t have the queen’s personal Super Mario Bros. It’s a curiosity of the THQ bankruptcy, lol. 

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Haha 1

To be fair, the Queen is only mentioned because the console was manufactured with the intent that it be given to her as a promotional measure, and not with regard to trying to sell her personal console.  It'd be like a dressmaker making a wedding dress for a woman, but the wedding gets called off.  It was made for that woman, but the woman never owned the item.  Same thing here.  Whether or not the Queen took possession of the Wii is irrelevant to the fact that it was in fact created for her.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I put in an offer for as much as I can afford for that. Unfortunately, my $200 offer was declined.☹️

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, phart010 said:

I smell a new market for Queen of England edition homebrews and mods. 

Limited production of 10 units intended as tribute to the Queen. Unfortunately she did not accept them, so now they can be yours 🤪😜

If it were only a better publisher than THQ. I'll bet she would accept an Ubisoft or Activision Wii.

• Haha 1

As an authentic British person, I'm legally obligated to dine with the Queen for luncheon every third Tuesday of the month.

Next time I'm round old Liz's place I'll ask her why she never bothered to pick this up after pre-order... Pretty sure she DID get the gold-plated copy of Wii Sports, I'm SURE we gave that a go that time we got fucked up on gin and I accidentally clobbered her majesty with an errant wiimote swing...

But, my memory of that night is pretty cloudy, she's a MEAN drunk that ol' crow, swears like a bloody docker too, let me tell you! 😉

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, OptOut said:

As an authentic British person, I'm legally obligated to dine with the Queen for luncheon every third Tuesday of the month.

Next time I'm round old Liz's place I'll ask her why she never bothered to pick this up after pre-order... Pretty sure she DID get the gold-plated copy of Wii Sports, I'm SURE we gave that a go that time we got fucked up on gin and I accidentally clobbered her majesty with an errant wiimote swing...

But, my memory of that night is pretty cloudy, she's a MEAN drunk that ol' crow, swears like a bloody docker too, let me tell you! 😉

Jokes aside, I have the same curiosity..why the heck would you decline a gold-plated console? A FREE gold-plated console! And..does she not know the meaning of the words “limited-edition”?!

Edited by GPX