IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Alpha Mission!

BeaIank

18 hours ago, nesmaster14 said:

**EDIT** - Doh. Just noticed I think I misread the rules about the final boss.  So if I'm correct, the final boss is stage 6? I think I mistook it for Stage 12. I got to this boss but wasn't sure how to defeat it and think I got like 10k while shooting at it but didn't beat it anyway. I'll see if I can try again and make sure to use only missiles. 

***Disregard/misread ***Finally got a chance to play a bit.  Not sure if I have time for another, but always forget how fun/strategic this little shmup is. 

Stage 12 is the final.  Point pressing on 6 and 12 is not allowed, but with that said, points acquired in the normal process of killing the boss is okay (as far as I'm aware anyway).  Not that I can get far enough for it to matter anyway 😛

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Fuck that stage two boss....I really should read some walkthroughs for how to do well in these games instead of winging it.

The stage 2 boss needs to be hit by missiles, not the normal shot.  It's easiest to just use the Flame shot, but you need to dodge the big shot he shoots out, so always be moving left or right...otherwise you won't have much E left to turn your shields on in stage 3. 

2 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

i dont know if ill be able to get any more runs in today. you might have got lucky this time! 

Lucky?  You must be confusing Alpha Mission with Blue Marlin; there ain't no luck involved in this game, kiddo 😉

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Haha 2