IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Alpha Mission!

BeaIank

2 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I can't, I'm in class.  It's bad enough that I'm ignoring the lesson to read this shit.  I can't be a complete tool and play video games too 😛

Also, I'm probably not beating a score until we play World Games.  Cliff Diving says FUCK BASIL 😛

Well I've never played Quarth in my life, so who knows what will happen next week...

Just now, docile tapeworm said:

well im 1-0 against you so far and im gonna beat you this week too

You're the SMB3 champ, that's for sure.  If it hadn't been the very first week, maybe I would've put a few more hours in on the final day, but a win's a win.  Now show me what you've got with Alpha Mission...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well I've never played Quarth in my life, so who knows what will happen next week...

In all fairness, I've only played it on the Game Boy.  Not sure how the Famicom version compares, but regardless, I'm not very good at it 😛  And really, it's more shooter than anything, so I'm sure you'll do better than I will 😛

Finally found an hour to play and it isnt gonna go to this shit. Whats next in "NESfiend Presents: The Circuit?" This looks pretty good. 

Also, 10 pages? Apparently, I have fourish to sift through while also working diligently tomorrow? Is it all crazy tapeworm shit? Im game either way. 

20210429_221549.jpg

7 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

i got better last night i made it to the 4th boss battle.

If you can beat the Area 6 boss (pyramid), the second go through (Areas 7-12) is actually easier because you have a mostly full complement of weapons at all times so it's more about item management and keeping your E-meter up.

And in case anyone here didn't know, all items are shields, not just the "sheeld."  If you have any sub-weapon equipped, your E-meter takes damage instead of your ship exploding when you get hit.  The secret to this game is two-fold: one, after Area 1, make sure you're always equipped, and two, manage your sub-weapons and E-meter effectively...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

**EDIT** - Doh. Just noticed I think I misread the rules about the final boss.  So if I'm correct, the final boss is stage 6? I think I mistook it for Stage 12. I got to this boss but wasn't sure how to defeat it and think I got like 10k while shooting at it but didn't beat it anyway. I'll see if I can try again and make sure to use only missiles. 

***Disregard/misread ***Finally got a chance to play a bit.  Not sure if I have time for another, but always forget how fun/strategic this little shmup is. 

alphamission_score1.jpeg.b377ef1e2a4454eb8ee5e2467eb4efe3.jpeg

Edited by nesmaster14
  • Like 2

Okay, this score doesn't count for this week's competition of course, but I finally beat the game and just kept on playing till the end of my last ship.  Finally succumbed on the second loop in Area 11 with a score of 449,280 and paused just as my ship had finished exploding.  Of course, the first digit was jumping around like crazy again, so I've included two pics, both of them are for you, @Gloves 🙂

Alpha a.JPG

Alpha b.JPG

• Like 1