IGNORED

Console Debate #25 CD-i

fox

How do you rate CD-i?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate CD-i?

• 10/10 GOAT. Greatest console of all time.
    • 9/10 Bad@$$. One of the best.
    • 8/10 Exceptional. Everyone should play it.
    • 7/10 Superior. More than a few games you like.
    • 6/10 Good. You might occasionally enjoy playing it.
    • 5/10 Average. Smack dab in the middle.
    • 4/10 Mediocre. Not something you will go out of your way to play.
    • 3/10 Inferior. There are better alternatives to this.
    • 2/10 Poor. Barely worth turning on.
    • 1/10 Trash. No redeeming features.
    • Haven’t played, but interested.
    • No interest in it.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/2021 at 07:00 AM

26 minutes ago, Sumez said:

If a platform has 200 great games, why does it matter than it has 1500 shitty ones? 

Still gives it a massive edge against a hypothetical system that has 196 shitty games and zero good ones. 

A platform that has 200 great games and 1500 shitty ones shouldn't be considered in the same tier as a platform with 200 great games and only 400 games total. Percentage wise, one opted for quantity over quality, the other comparatively didn't.

Sorry, but if we are ranking machines based on if they're the total package or not, then we need to look at everything. If we are rating them solely on our own knee-jerk reactions, well then bringing this back to the cd-i topic, if I would rank the cd-i the GOAT based on a single game, or perhaps the artwork on the game boxes, that should be fine, right?

Maybe I'll start ranking machines and games solely on how good the music tracks sound, after throwing back a beer or two. 

15 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

A platform that has 200 great games and 1500 shitty ones shouldn't be considered in the same tier as a platform with 200 great games and only 400 games total.

That's nonsense. 200 great games is 200 great games, no matter how much garbage exists outside of that.

It's really hard for me to figure out if you're being serious, or just joshing around for the hell of it. 

Editorials Team · Posted

@fcgamer I guess you're unaware of how unheralded the SFC exclusives are. 

Shall we presume you've never played Front Mission, Gun Hazard, Terranigma, Clock Tower, Rockman and Forte, Dragon Quest V, Final Fantasy V, Dragon Quest VI, Violinist of Hamelin, Famicom Wars, Fire Emblem Thracia, Gunman's Proof, Bahamut Lagoon, The Firemen, DoReMi, King of Demons, Rendering Ranger, Trials of Mana, Magical Quest 3, Battle Cross, Bomberman 4, Bomberman 5, Mario Picross, Mario and Wario, Goemon 2, Goemon 3, Goemon 4, Super Bonk 2, Fire Emblem Geneology, Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, Rudras, Mystic Ark, Live a Live, BS Shockman, Tetris Battle.Gaiden, the Kunio games, Ghost Chaser Sensei, the Twinbees, the Parodius games, Macross, Fire Emblem 1776, the BS games, Spark World, etc.

Some of us have played through many of those.  Have you?  Or is the anecdotal story about selling some filthy lot of scraps the final word?

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, Sumez said:

That's nonsense. 200 great games is 200 great games, no matter how much garbage exists outside of that.

It's really hard for me to figure out if you're being serious, or just joshing around for the hell of it. 

Oh, he's always marched to the beat of his own drum.  There will be no convincing of him here; he's not the sort to ever admit he's wrong or budge an inch.

So instead we just pile it on so we can all bask in the ridiculousness of his stance 😘

2 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

There will be no convincing of him here; he's not the sort to ever admit he's wrong or budge an inch.

Are you sure? I pretty much admitted I was wrong on something in this very thread, and left it there instead of editing it out. See the attached picture. 😉

IMG_20210509_234544.jpg

I entirely do realize, that, but you're clearly splitting hairs to make a very weak case and have no slight inclination of backing down despite you clearly being in the wrong on this.

For the reasons sumez said exactly so not going to repeat that.  Not looking to get into an argument with you as you tend to be right, just very very not so in this case.

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Shall we presume you've never played Front Mission, Gun Hazard, Terranigma, Clock Tower, Rockman and Forte, Dragon Quest V, Final Fantasy V, Dragon Quest VI, Violinist of Hamelin, Famicom Wars, Fire Emblem Thracia, Gunman's Proof, Bahamut Lagoon, The Firemen, DoReMi, King of Demons, Rendering Ranger, Trials of Mana, Magical Quest 3, Battle Cross, Bomberman 4, Bomberman 5, Mario Picross, Mario and Wario, Goemon 2, Goemon 3, Goemon 4, Super Bonk 2, Fire Emblem Geneology, Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, Rudras, Mystic Ark, Live a Live, BS Shockman, Tetris Battle.Gaiden, the Kunio games, Ghost Chaser Sensei, the Twinbees, the Parodius games, Macross, Fire Emblem 1776, the BS games, Spark World, etc.

Some of us have played through many of those.  Have you?  Or is the anecdotal story about selling some filthy lot of scraps the final word?

Don't be silly now! It would be pretty crazy to try and debate the merits of the SNES if you've played none of those game. 

• Like 1