IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Spartan X 2

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Schedule update.
Since Battletoads rules will be so brutal this year, I swapped around P.O.W. and Battletoads in order to force people to put effort on it.
Battletoads will now take place at the end of May.
The rule set for it will posted in Quarth's contest thread to give time to our players to practice and get used to the rule set.

Administrator · Posted
11 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

If you can beat my score a single time in any week from here on out, I'll give you twenty bucks cash, no questions asked.  Your first chance coming up is Alpha Mission.  Came at me bro...  I am the NES.

Yo can I play? >_>

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yo can I play? >_>

Man, I haven't even had time to test out your Haradius Zero score that you've got up on this site, which I've been meaning to beat since I got the game in the mail, but haven't gotten around to.  So I've gotta see what I'm up against first... 😉

And as for the gauntlet I threw to Mike, I forgot to add a "must play on a real NES" stipulation, so I guess I'm at his mercy, as far as him playing honestly on an emulator is concerned...

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Man, I haven't even had time to test out your Haradius Zero score that you've got up on this site, which I've been meaning to beat since I got the game in the mail, but haven't gotten around to.  So I've gotta see what I'm up against first... 😉

And as for the gauntlet I threw to Mike, I forgot to add a "must play on a real NES" stipulation, so I guess I'm at his mercy, as far as him playing honestly on an emulator is concerned...

Please beat my Haradius score so I have a reason to actually try for a high score. 🙂

Think I did a bit better last night but its kind of a wash if it requires max.  Easy, but still pretty tough to beat, and I assume max needs point pressing too?  Anyway

Never mind I maxed it lol.  Gimmmeee the gold

3FB1C3D9-938D-4376-A54B-8B86800723A5.jpeg

Edited by Krunch
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

See, this is why I put it in my signature.  You always put in afterthought "stipulations" that weasel out of it 😛 Of course, if it came down to that, I'd just unpack the boxes, even if it would be a major pain in the arse at this point.

But naw, there's only maybe 2 or 3 games I have a legit chance of collecting on anyway. And even then, it may depend on the stipulations.

Events Team · Posted

Current standings posted.
Right now we have a 9 person tie for 1st place, so they are each only getting 7 points because people whined about me changing the rules to count remaining lives.
I will remember that and will have NO MERCY with the rules from now on.
Y'all got what you sowed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, BeaIank said:

People whined about me changing the rules to count remaining lives.
I will remember that and will have NO MERCY with the rules from now on.
Y'all got what you sowed.

Is this why we get to play battletoads early and also one handed and blindfolded? I think Ill have more of a shot that way... 

• The topic was unpinned