IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Spartan X 2

BeaIank

On 4/23/2021 at 8:30 PM, NESfiend said:

Nice to see the wizard 666 is still around. Thats an avator I havent seen around in a long time and always liked reading his posts. Been a long while 

Thanks 🙂 I'm gonna make a crap attempt at Alpha Mission.  Would've done Spartan X but I didn't feel like farting around maxing the score with everyone else 😛 

• Like 2

Wow so this is shaping up to be a 8 way tie probably?

Traditionally points are split in full ties, the point sum of top 8 is 63, so are we looking at 8 pts for a max score?   It seems oddly fair

And what if more than 8 people max it, would you still split the 63 as evenly as possible among all winners?  Cause still all technically 1st places.

I'm over here, just starting for the week, lmao.  I want to get in on this cheese

I dunno, I see everyone posting their lives in addition to the score.  Maybe use the total remaining lives as a tie breaker?  Although making that call at the last minute is kind of a dick move now that nobody'll be able to change their position.  If nothing else, it's something to consider in future contests if this happens again.

3 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Although making that call at the last minute is kind of a dick move now that nobody'll be able to change their position. 

Yeah, that would be pretty brutal. Cant blame anyone though. Who would have thought you could continue acquiring lives for points indefinitely. It was a fun game to checkout regardless

Yeah, I might've gave it a go if it hadn't already been point spammed to infinity.  Maybe if it was the number of points in one life, then it'd be a fitting challenge.  But then, that's the downside to trying new games - you have to figure out the rules as you go, as you can't forsee every eventuality in advance.

Although maybe this could lead to making a tie-breaker for most games, so if there IS a max-out, there's an alternative to give out full points, and only split if the tie breaker is also tied?  But again, this is more of an idea for the future, as this year's competition is already in progress.  No sport or contest would change the rules mid-season, but they always look for ways to improve for the next one.

10 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

No sport or contest would change the rules mid-season...

One would hope... 🙂  ...and there has still been no tie-breaker posted in the official rules of the opening post as of this posting, with less than 24 hours to go in the weekly contest, so... world record for largest tie ever at #1 !!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dr. Morbis

3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Tie breaker should really go to the first person to max it out. I heard that dude rocks pretty hard

I heard that dude was going to lose the final tournament in December to a much  better gamer who's been around forever and won the last tournament he played in (DP MAME Tourney).  In fact, I heard this mysterious dude isn't even going to show his 'A' game until the final tournament begins... 😉

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You can't trash talk when you have zero points on the board!!!!! 😉

Before like 2 days ago, I had almost zero POSTS on the board 😛

And I distinctly remember a time when you said you could beat me at any game of my choosing, only to fail miserably at Play Action Football.

• Haha 1

Yeah, because you've slowly learned not to talk shit around me.  Because I always find a way to blindside you 😛

Am I good at everything?  No.  Am I gonna win?  Probably not, I'm just looking to play a few games.  But I also don't take everything as a competition, so I love to rub it in when I do get one up on ya. 

2 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Yeah, because you've slowly learned not to talk shit around me.  Because I always find a way to blindside you 😛

Am I good at everything?  No.  Am I gonna win?  Probably not, I'm just looking to play a few games.  But I also don't take everything as a competition, so I love to rub it in when I do get one up on ya. 

If you can beat my score a single time in any week from here on out, I'll give you twenty bucks cash, no questions asked.  Your first chance coming up is Alpha Mission.  Came at me bro...  I am the NES.

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

If you can beat my score a single time in any week from here on out, I'll give you twenty bucks cash, no questions asked.  Your first chance coming up is Alpha Mission.  Came at me bro...  I am the NES.

Well, we both know shmups are NOT my forte...although generally I get my high scores sooner than you when we play them...I just never make it to the end 😛  So basically, I have a slim chance here because you play more cautiously, but you'll probably win the marathon 😛

Oh, and is that $20 for each time or just a one shot?  I figure we need to get the terms down now so you don't try and squeak out of it like when you challenged me to A Week of Garfield once it looked like I was gonna win 😛

35 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I heard that dude was going to lose the final tournament in December to a much  better gamer who's been around forever and won the last tournament he played in (DP MAME Tourney).  In fact, I heard this mysterious dude isn't even going to show his 'A' game until the final tournament begins... 😉

Spoiler: whoever wins between the two of us, bert will kick the shit out of anyhow. He will coast his way to the tourney casually, turn it on, and put up inhuman scores. Its actually quite predictable. @8bitdontquithas the same type of game 

Just now, NESfiend said:

Spoiler: whoever wins between the two of us, bert will kick the shit out of anyhow. He will coast his way to the tourney casually, turn it on, and put up inhuman scores. Its actually quite predictable. @8bitdontquithas the same type of game 

Maybe we should let Bea post her scores, if only to show who the best gamer truly is.  I would say anyone who can no-death Ikari Warriors would be the NES GOAT...

• Like 1