Jump to content
IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Spartan X 2


BeaIank
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/23/2021 at 8:30 PM, NESfiend said:

Nice to see the wizard 666 is still around. Thats an avator I havent seen around in a long time and always liked reading his posts. Been a long while聽

Thanks 馃檪 I'm gonna make a crap attempt at Alpha Mission.聽 Would've done Spartan X but I didn't feel like farting around maxing the score with everyone else 馃槢

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MemberPosted

Wow so this is shaping up to be a 8 way tie probably?

Traditionally points are split in full ties, the point sum of top 8 is 63, so are we looking at 8 pts for a max score?聽聽 It seems oddly fair

And what if more than 8 people max it, would you still split the 63 as evenly as possible among all winners?聽 Cause still all technically 1st places.

I'm over here, just starting for the week, lmao.聽 I want to get in on this cheese

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dunno, I see everyone posting their lives in addition to the score.聽 Maybe use the total remaining lives as a tie breaker?聽 Although making that call at the last minute is kind of a dick move now that nobody'll be able to change their position.聽 If nothing else, it's something to consider in future contests if this happens again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MemberPosted
3 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Although making that call at the last minute is kind of a dick move now that nobody'll be able to change their position.聽

Yeah, that would be pretty brutal. Cant blame anyone though. Who would have thought you could continue acquiring lives for points indefinitely. It was a fun game to checkout regardless

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I might've gave it a go if it hadn't already been point spammed to infinity.聽 Maybe if it was the number of points in one life, then it'd be a fitting challenge.聽 But then, that's the downside to trying new games - you have to figure out the rules as you go, as you can't forsee every eventuality in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although maybe this could lead to making a tie-breaker for most games, so if there IS a max-out, there's an alternative to give out full points, and only split if the tie breaker is also tied?聽 But again, this is more of an idea for the future, as this year's competition is already in progress.聽 No sport or contest would change the rules mid-season, but they always look for ways to improve for the next one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MemberPosted
10 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

No sport or contest would change the rules mid-season...

One would hope... 馃檪聽 ...and there has still been no tie-breaker posted in the official rules of the opening post as of this posting, with less than 24 hours to go in the weekly contest, so... world record for largest tie ever at #1 !!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dr. Morbis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MemberPosted
3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Tie breaker should really go to the first person to max it out. I heard that dude rocks pretty hard

I heard that dude was going to lose the final tournament in December to a much聽 better gamer who's been around forever and won the last tournament he played in (DP MAME Tourney).聽 In fact, I heard this mysterious dude isn't even going to show his 'A' game until the final tournament begins... 馃槈

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You can't trash talk when you have zero points on the board!!!!! 馃槈

Before like 2 days ago, I had almost zero POSTS on the board 馃槢

And I distinctly remember a time when you said you could beat me at any game of my choosing, only to fail miserably at Play Action Football.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, because you've slowly learned not to talk shit around me.聽 Because I always find a way to blindside you 馃槢

Am I good at everything?聽 No.聽 Am I gonna win?聽 Probably not, I'm just looking to play a few games.聽 But I also don't take everything as a competition, so I love to rub it in when I do get one up on ya.聽

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MemberPosted

157,410

Not sure how you are supposed to get through this part without dying but whatever.

I also figured out along the way how to max out the score, seems like everyone is doing that.聽 Not me!聽 One and done. 馃槃

LB2N0Ddl.jpg

Edited by arnpoly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MemberPosted
2 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Yeah, because you've slowly learned not to talk shit around me.聽 Because I always find a way to blindside you 馃槢

Am I good at everything?聽 No.聽 Am I gonna win?聽 Probably not, I'm just looking to play a few games.聽 But I also don't take everything as a competition, so I love to rub it in when I do get one up on ya.聽

If you can beat my score a single time in any week from here on out, I'll give you twenty bucks cash, no questions asked.聽 Your first chance coming up is Alpha Mission.聽 Came at me bro...聽 I am the NES.

  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

If you can beat my score a single time in any week from here on out, I'll give you twenty bucks cash, no questions asked.聽 Your first chance coming up is Alpha Mission.聽 Came at me bro...聽 I am the NES.

Well, we both know shmups are NOT my forte...although generally I get my high scores sooner than you when we play them...I just never make it to the end 馃槢聽 So basically, I have a slim chance here because you play more cautiously, but you'll probably win the marathon 馃槢

Oh, and is that $20 for each time or just a one shot?聽 I figure we need to get the terms down now so you don't try and squeak out of it like when you challenged me to A Week of Garfield once it looked like I was gonna win 馃槢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MemberPosted
35 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I heard that dude was going to lose the final tournament in December to a much聽 better gamer who's been around forever and won the last tournament he played in (DP MAME Tourney).聽 In fact, I heard this mysterious dude isn't even going to show his 'A' game until the final tournament begins... 馃槈

Spoiler: whoever wins between the two of us, bert will kick聽the shit out of anyhow. He will coast his way to the tourney casually, turn it on, and put up inhuman scores. Its actually quite predictable. @8bitdontquithas the same type of game聽

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NESfiend said:

Spoiler: whoever wins between the two of us, bert will kick聽the shit out of anyhow. He will coast his way to the tourney casually, turn it on, and put up inhuman scores. Its actually quite predictable. @8bitdontquithas the same type of game聽

Maybe we should let Bea post her scores, if only to show who the best gamer truly is.聽 I would say anyone who can no-death Ikari Warriors would be the NES GOAT...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • BeaIank unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Create New...