IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Spartan X 2

BeaIank

MemberPosted

Maybe the answer should be obvious, I don't know, but how are you guys maxing out the score counter when an average run through yields around 135,000 points and there is no continuous looping for multiple play-throughs and you have a time limit? 聽Is there a 100,000 point bonus at the end for each extra life or something?

MemberPosted
15 minutes ago, PII said:

Maybe the answer should be obvious, I don't know, but how are you guys maxing out the score counter when an average run through yields around 135,000 points and there is no continuous looping for multiple play-throughs and you have a time limit? 聽Is there a 100,000 point bonus at the end for each extra life or something?

No, but every 20k in points gets you an extra life. If you go to where enemies are plentiful and a place where聽there is聽a lot of time on the clock, you can gain 20k+ in a given life, gain a life for the bonus, and run the clock out. Break even on lives and gain points. Rinse repeat for way too long

MemberPosted
1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

No, but every 20k in points gets you an extra life. If you go to where enemies are plentiful and a place where聽there is聽a lot of time on the clock, you can gain 20k+ in a given life, gain a life for the bonus, and run the clock out. Break even on lives and gain points. Rinse repeat for way too long

Ah, of course. 聽Seemed like there would never be enough time on the clock for that, but I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention...

MemberPosted
8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Oh no. This really needed to be a one life contest. There is a similar situation with Vice Project Doom which is why that was a one life contest last time.

MemberPosted
On 4/21/2021 at 3:21 PM, JamesRobot said:

DcKl8Yn.jpg

Now that is impressive finishing with 18 lives. Had to be racking 40k or so in each life if my quick half assed math is anywhere close. Im actually really curious how you were able to do that. I thought I was grinding really efficiently if I got to 30k in one life.聽

@mbd39, took your suggestion and got back on marble madness last night. Was hoping to throw up that 170k and post, but I never got there. Distracted with some life stuff and couldnt really get in a groove with it. One day, I will join the 170k club though!

Edited by NESfiend
  • Thanks 1

MemberPosted
On 4/22/2021 at 8:07 PM, NESfiend said:

Now that is impressive finishing with 18 lives. Had to be racking 40k or so in each life if my quick half assed math is anywhere close. Im actually really curious how you were able to do that. I thought I was grinding really efficiently if I got to 30k in one life.

Yeah, I just joined the all 9's club tonight, and I thought I was doing good with 14 lives in reserve, but damn, JamesRobot wasn't messing around!

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Thanks 1

MemberPosted
3 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Im actually really curious how you were able to do that.

Idk man.聽 I'm sure I could've got at least a couple more extra lives out of it.聽 I def died a few times on accident before time expired.聽

Edited by JamesRobot

MemberPosted
14 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Maybe remaining lives should be the tie break for the 999,999 scores.聽馃

Well the game gives you a free man at 999,999 even though it shouldn't until 1,000,000, which leads me to believe it still keeps track of your score internally while showing all 9's, meaning you might be able to just keep playing at all 9's and rack up as meny free men as you want.聽 I sure as shit ain't testing out this theory, but we are talking about a flawed game, so who knows how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Plus, you can't change the rules this late in the game unless your name is Darth Vader (the character, not the forum member) 馃槈

Events TeamPosted
6 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Plus, you can't change the rules this late in the game unless your name is Darth Vader (the character, not the forum member) 馃槈

You are missing one tiny detail. Darth Vader is merely made of evil.
Evil is made OF ME!聽馃槧

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

MemberPosted
25 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Nice to see the wizard 666 is still around. Thats an avator I havent seen around in a long time and always liked reading his posts. Been a long while聽

He posts on the Gamefaqs boards.

On 4/23/2021 at 6:40 AM, BeaIank said:

Maybe remaining lives should be the tie break for the 999,999 scores.聽馃

It's WAY late in the week to be changing the rules.聽 I specifically lost lives to make double sure that you couldn't continue to gain lives even after 999,999.聽聽

999,999 (16 lives)

image.thumb.png.0b77e9bbfdf68fc6281c46cef251211a.png

Literally my first run of ever playing this game. I lost a few lives early on while I figured out the grinding loop and I'm sure there are much better places to grind than level 2, but I was too lazy to do better. I was just planning on during participation until I realized maxing the score was fairly easy.

Events TeamPosted
6 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

999,999 (16 lives)

image.thumb.png.0b77e9bbfdf68fc6281c46cef251211a.png

Literally my first run of ever playing this game. I lost a few lives early on while I figured out the grinding loop and I'm sure there are much better places to grind than level 2, but I was too lazy to do better. I was just planning on during participation until I realized maxing the score was fairly easy.

super easy 馃槈聽聽

EDIT:聽 So easy, @FireHazard51聽can do it 馃槒 and me

• BeaIank unpinned this topic