IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Spartan X 2

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome, welcome!
We are ready to start another week of our beloved weekly contest and this time we bring you all a TREAT!
This week, our players will reach for far east land and play a Famicom exclusive, SPARTAN X 2!
The follow up to the acclaimed classic Spartan X, also known as Kung Fu around these parts!
Do your warm ups, fighters, and prove your mettle in this gem that never made it to the west.

Here are the rules you will be fighting under:

• Play on normal, not easy
  • Play till game over or till you beat the game
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 15,000
  • Genre: Beat Em Up

Show them your Kung Fu, players!

06_Spartan_X2_Sage.png.b9871ef7b10ebc06f

The contest ends Sunday, 04/25/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
1st dvertov 999,999
1st Dr. Morbis 999,999
1st NESfiend 999,999
1st bertsampson 999,999
1st FireHazard51 999,999
1st JamesRobot 999,999
1st 0xDEAFC0DE 999,999
1st Krunch 999,999
1st Jeevan 999,999
10th arnpoly 157,410
11th PII 156,920
12th Deadeye 153,870
13th Ausden 134,050
14th mbd39 130,500
15th SuperJimtendo 124,160

7 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Way more fun than Kung fu.

This was a bold statement to start the thread. Surprised it hasnt stirred up controversy. I played it some last night after getting demoralized by marbles. It is a really fun game amd a great sequel. Definitely an awesome choice for contests. Better than the original though? Thats tough. 

4 hours ago, NESfiend said:

This was a bold statement to start the thread. Surprised it hasnt stirred up controversy. I played it some last night after getting demoralized by marbles. It is a really fun game amd a great sequel. Definitely an awesome choice for contests. Better than the original though? Thats tough. 

Score updated. 

• Haha 1

Kung Fu is an all-time classic, but this is still a great sequel.  I haven't played it in years, but I just threw it in and played a game as sort of a familiarization exercise with no point-pressing tactics or anything and I didn't even beat the game.  Oh well, I'm on the board initially with: 132, 590.   Sadly, it doesn't show your score on a game over, so here's a new game started with my previous game's score as the "Hi-Score"...

EDIT: 310,640, but I guess I'll have to max the score for a tie with NESFiend...

Final EDIT: joined the 999,999 club, with 14 lives in reserve.  Man, that's an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back... 😞

X-4.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

The title screen cinematic is better than the whole Kung fu experience. 

Alright, someone has to bite. Its a tremendous game from what Ive experienced so far, but kung fu is one of the greatest games ever made. This is a very nice game was some attributes of the original, but kung fu still reigns supreme 

4 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Alright, someone has to bite. Its a tremendous game from what Ive experienced so far, but kung fu is one of the greatest games ever made. This is a very nice game was some attributes of the original, but kung fu still reigns supreme 

Kung Fu is definitely a better challenge; this game (Spartan X-2) is way too easy once you know what you're doing...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

I can't tell if you're joking.

I was joking about you being a crazy bastard, but I was serious that I thought you still had 2 lives. I thought you were still going because you arent back at the beginning. Should have looked closer and considered the possibility you hit 'continue' at the end. Oopps

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I was joking about you being a crazy bastard, but I was serious that I thought you still had 2 lives. I thought you were still going because you arent back at the beginning. Should have looked closer and considered the possibility you hit 'continue' at the end. Oopps

As you can see I have 0 score, lol. There's just the top score.