IGNORED

NES Action 52 - Black Board variant

Homeboyks

• 7 months later...

yes. eBay searches only shows results that offer shipping to the shipping address you have set (the zip/post code set as  "Shipping to:" at top right of the result list for a search). So if you search European listings with your usual US shipping address, for instance, you won't see quite a lot of listings that only offer shipping within Europe. If I want to see US listings that don't offer shipping to Canada I set my shipping location to zip code 90210...

You can always access a listing that doesn't offer shipping to your location if you have the item ID or a direct URL link. But search results won't show them.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

yes. eBay searches only shows results that offer shipping to the shipping address you have set (the zip/post code set as  "Shipping to:" at top right of the result list for a search). So if you search European listings with your usual US shipping address, for instance, you won't see quite a lot of listings that only offer shipping within Europe. If I want to see US listings that don't offer shipping to Canada I set my shipping location to zip code 90210...

You can always access a listing that doesn't offer shipping to your location if you have the item ID or a direct URL link. But search results won't show them.

How do they know my address if I'm not logged in?

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

How do they know my address if I'm not logged in?

if you're not logged in it defaults to something they pick based on your IP address, which will usually at least be in the 'right' country. You can see what it picked under "Shipping to:" at top right:

ebay.png.5e1cd1ae0eb215afb83919fae0f2eac4.png

that's me, not logged in, searching ebay.com for 'pokemon emerald'. You can see it autodetected a Canadian postal code for me. That's not my postal code, but it is in the ballpark. If I leave it like that, the results will only include listings that offer shipping to Canada, I won't see ones that only ship within the US.

Edited by AdamW
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, AdamW said:

if you're not logged in it defaults to something they pick based on your IP address, which will usually at least be in the 'right' country. You can see what it picked under "Shipping to:" at top right:

ebay.png.5e1cd1ae0eb215afb83919fae0f2eac4.png

that's me, not logged in, searching ebay.com for 'pokemon emerald'. You can see it autodetected a Canadian postal code for me. That's not my postal code, but it is in the ballpark. If I leave it like that, the results will only include listings that offer shipping to Canada, I won't see ones that only ship within the US.

That's super lame, what if I'm searching just to get information or looking at past sales?