IGNORED

Super Mario Bros. Nintendo/Factory Sealed, WATA 9.4/B+/NM, (Round SOQ, No Rev-A)

usmsci

Hello all! I will go ahead and put this in here - since I am having an issue with Ebay right now (with their ridiculous seller limits I cant put the 'Buy It Now' price I want to because its over my current limit... ugggh). While I am trying to work that out with them I will go ahead and put the description I had on there to see if there might be someone in here willing to purchase it. I have a price in my head that I would like to get for it and then one that I would ultimately accept. We all know the NES Sealed games are ridiculously going up in price with the SMB sealed carts leading the way. 

This is a Super Mario Bros. NES/Nintendo Factory Sealed game that has been graded by WATA. This is a 9.4/B+ NM overall grade from a very rare variant that only lasted for 4 months - from September 1987 to December 1987. This is the only production run that doesn't have a hang tab and is Non Rev-A. It is also 2 production runs older than the introduction to the Oval Seal. 

This is in EXCELLENT condition for being 34 years old coupled with this variant.  I took photos inside and outside to give you different looks and angles. 

I am offering FREE SHIPPING Fed-Ex overnight(or whatever shipping you want), with the game put into a plastic sleeve that is zipped, wrapped in double bubble wrap and in peanuts. (see last photo!)

Please let me know if you have any questions and/or DM me with an offer. 

IMG_2198.jpeg

IMG_2199.jpeg

IMG_2200.jpeg

IMG_2204.jpeg

IMG_2205.jpeg

IMG_2206.jpeg

IMG_2208.jpeg

IMG_2209.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

IMG_2213.jpeg

IMG_2214.jpeg

IMG_2215.jpeg

IMG_2216.jpeg

IMG_2217.jpeg

IMG_2219.jpeg

Edited by usmsci
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, usmsci said:

no I asked them about the sticker on the phone - in this instance it would have been better to just leave it. I think it has to do with the placement of the sticker and other variables. 

No shame on you for taking there advice, but I'm going to be 100% honest, when I see a rare/nice sealed game and there's a price sticker left on it after it's graded, it makes my eye twitch.

I mean, some people might like seeing a Toys-R-Us or KayBee sticker on them.  I can give that a pass, even though I don't prefer them.  But a generic price sticker or even this is worse and I'm surprised WATA didn't suggest taking it off.

I dunno... maybe they don't know about bestine.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Air Gio said:

Not One Offer Damn ...

Honestly, I think think the reason why you're not getting offers around here is for one of two reasons.  Everyone one around here has already gotten the Mario they wanted years ago, or if they didn't, they've been around long enough to recall when this would have been a sub-$200 game and just can't bring themselves to throw that kind of money at SMB, even if they have it.

I'd be in camp #2, if I had the money.  Regardless, GLWS.  If you want to maximize your payment, ship it to Heritage.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@RH 
  Thanks! Oh I will. I am going to contribute the full amount allowed into an IRA (which will help tax time a little) and the rest in an online savings account - which the interest rates on those are about 5-8x times higher than your normal banks or credit unions. 

3 hours ago, usmsci said:

@RH 
  Thanks! Oh I will. I am going to contribute the full amount allowed into an IRA (which will help tax time a little) and the rest in an online savings account - which the interest rates on those are about 5-8x times higher than your normal banks or credit unions. 

That's awesome, congrats. Also, remember, your taxable income is the amount you receive from the sale minus the total costs to acquire it, so you can subtract all the Wata fees, shipping costs, insurance, blah blah to lighten the burden 🙂

On 5/12/2021 at 3:10 PM, usmsci said:

@RH 

Traditional IRA deductions are a no-go since your Adjusted Gross will  be way above $76,000...but I think I read in another thread that you are self-employed, and I don't think SEP IRAs have the same restrictions.  I would definitely recommend a tax professional for this year's taxes! Congrats! $200K+! That is amazing!

On 5/13/2021 at 3:10 AM, usmsci said:

@RH 

First and foremost, a big congratulations to you and the buyer! So, are you going to have to pay that 28% capital gains tax?! That comes to a whopping $63,000 tax hit or was there any way to lower that capital gains tax? anyways, you still made an enormous profit from this sale! Congrats again on the sale!