IGNORED

Project Blue on Kickstarter

toggle switch

Moderator · Posted

I’m not sure Donny or Ellen will be able to answer your questions since First Press Games is handling production and fulfillment for this Famicom campaign whereas they are handling the NES release themselves.

But if it’s any comfort: 1) First Press has done a great job with other releases that I’ve backed and are very responsive to messages, and 2) I think what you’re experiencing is their effort to avoid logistical errors. First Press seems to be directing you to their existing, reliable  infrastructure to process your order rather than create a new framework in backerkit that they are unfamiliar with.

@Scrobins : The thing that is a bit disconcerting to me is as follows:

A) There were multiple backing tiers listed, even among regular and limited editions, yet as can be seen from the attached photo not all backing tiers are present on the shop. So how can I possibly add the tier I ordered into my cart if that particular tier is not an option?

B) If the special edition tiers are also listed on the website for preorder, I guess they aren't just limited to KS backers? So that would raise the question to me what would be the benefits from backing the KS rather than just buying afterwards? I mean, from the confusing message I received today, I still need to "rebut" the game anyways.

I personally feel very confused on the matter, especially regarding A, and I'm afraid I'll end up missing out or ending up having things screwed up, just from not receiving / seeing an email or taking some sort of action.

To me it seems as they are making things much more complicated than it needs to be, I mean I backed the KS at the tier I wanted, I paid with a credit card and gave my address, the card was charged. So why the need to re-add your tier into a cart on another website and use a voucher code (who knows the reliability of those codes either, Ive definitely been on the bad end of such codes before) just to receive your item? Then the tier you backed isn't even an option? It's honestly times like these where I seriously ask myself if it's even worth it, given the stress and anxiety involved, as from where I sit it should just be an easy (A) back / pay / provide address --> (B) wait --> (C) Receive your reward. What's with all this nonsense, seriously? It's currently leaving a terrible taste in my mouth, as can be seen.

IMG_20200813_003557.jpg

Earlier this week or late last week I saw this lovely message in my inbox. Maybe it is my fault for not actually generally reading or looking at non-personal messages, but in this day and age, everyone's on a billion mailing lists and receiving notifications for dozens of forums, ebay accounts, etc, so I think I'm justified in my actions.

I happened upon a time sensitive message, wait, say what? I have to fill out a survey to receive my rewards, despite having pledged and having had my card charged? Nope, there were no questions in there concerning my mailing address either. 

It's stuff like this that makes me very concerned on the issue. Again, I'm not sure why I need to jump through hoops here, though then again, Ive never backed a Kickstarter before. Are my expectations expecting that I just back an item, pay, wait , and then receive it when it's produced, unreasonable or unrealistic with the KS model? 

Edit: Seriously though, you pledge 80 euro for a reward and then if you don't see and answer a survey in time z you risk losing out on it? ...

IMG_20200813_005138.jpg

Edited by fcgamer

20 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Earlier this week or late last week I saw this lovely message in my inbox. Maybe it is my fault for not actually generally reading or looking at non-personal messages, but in this day and age, everyone's on a billion mailing lists and receiving notifications for dozens of forums, ebay accounts, etc, so I think I'm justified in my actions.

I happened upon a time sensitive message, wait, say what? I have to fill out a survey to receive my rewards, despite having pledged and having had my card charged? Nope, there were no questions in there concerning my mailing address either. 

It's stuff like this that makes me very concerned on the issue. Again, I'm not sure why I need to jump through hoops here, though then again, Ive never backed a Kickstarter before. Are my expectations expecting that I just back an item, pay, wait , and then receive it when it's produced, unreasonable or unrealistic with the KS model? 

Edit: Seriously though, you pledge 80 euro for a reward and then if you don't see and answer a survey in time z you risk losing out on it? ...

IMG_20200813_005138.jpg

I have backed 10-12 things and every one has been exactly like that. 

• Thanks 1

Homebrew Team · Posted

The Kickstarter did not include pricing for shipping.  The listing said it would be handled after funding.  I received this email as well.  Used the code and paid for the shipping cost.  Might be the same for preorders through the site.

Edit: Agree with Scrobins, contact First Press

11 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

The Kickstarter did not include pricing for shipping.  The listing said it would be handled after funding.  I received this email as well.  Used the code and paid for the shipping cost.  Might be the same for preorders through the site.

I can totally understand that, and have absolutely no problem paying for shipping, it's to be expected etc. Here is where my problem and confusion is stemming from though. If I'm being stupid, please tell me, but to me I see a situation where things dont add up 1:1, therefore I cannot properly proceed until they do.

1. I backed the Famicom Special Limited Edition 80 euro tier.

2. I received the email.

3. The only tiers I can add to my cart are as follows (no others appear on the website...)

-nes regular edition @ 54,99 Euro

-fc limited collector's edition @ 79,99 euro

-special limited super bundle @ 249,99 euro

I can also order a cd or strap holder thingies.

So the tier I pledged, fc special limited edition @ 80 euro, is not listed at all. Well maybe it's the same as the fc limited collector's edition? Well if that were the case, then what about the fc limited edition tier @ 79 euro listed on their ks page?

The whole thing is very confusing to me, and to be honest, it shouldn't be. So how can I redeem a voucher to get a reward when the tier I selected is not an option?

IMG_20200813_020410.jpg

4 hours ago, CMR said:

I haven't gotten my download info for the digital rewards yet.

Mine was sent out back in May, with "Toggle Switch" being the sender, maybe check your spam folder?

I haven't played mine yet since I want to play it on a real console, hoping to get the cartridge some time withing the next few months.

14 hours ago, CMR said:

I got my cart in and everything looks great, but I haven't gotten my download info for the digital rewards yet.  I hope they use itch.io for nes cart backers.  I don't want to have to sign up for anywhere else.

we've had a dozen issues or so with people not finding their download key. sometimes it's in spam, but if not, or there is some other reason it got lost, you can DM me your kickstarter handle and email i can look up your key link manually. And yeah it's on itch 🙂

Edited by FrankenGraphics

Oh my.... sorry for not responding to all of this sooner! 

I'm not a daily visitor here and there usually isn't a ton of movement on this thread. 

As others have mentioned, we aren't handling this release, so I can't help you directly unfortunately. That said, if you aren't able to get in touch with First Press to resolve this, let me know and I will give them a nudge. Sorry for the hassle, and I hope you get it sorted! 

47 minutes ago, toggle switch said:

Oh my.... sorry for not responding to all of this sooner! 

I'm not a daily visitor here and there usually isn't a ton of movement on this thread. 

As others have mentioned, we aren't handling this release, so I can't help you directly unfortunately. That said, if you aren't able to get in touch with First Press to resolve this, let me know and I will give them a nudge. Sorry for the hassle, and I hope you get it sorted! 

@toggle switch Thanks for the response! I got it sorted out thanks to @Deadeye , can't wait to try this game it looks amazing 🙂