IGNORED

Silverspoon's Sunday Discussion Topic #5: What Console or Handheld had the Coolest Name?

SilverspoonGaming

On 4/13/2021 at 4:46 AM, SilverspoonGaming said:

Nothing irritates me more than someone referring to the PS1 as the PSX.  The PSX was a different console completely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just did a quick research though I'm no expert, please correct me if I'm wrong.

PSX was originally the codename for the original PS, then later they released another thing and named it the PSX?

16 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I just did a quick research though I'm no expert, please correct me if I'm wrong.

PSX was originally the codename for the original PS, then later they released another thing and named it the PSX?

I have never heard that, but I may be wrong.  PSX was definitely a different console tho, Japan exclusive.

¡ULTRA 64!                       (...Seriously)

OTHERS:

WONDERSWAN

FM TOWNS MARTY   (...Intriguing.... seriously; I feel like I should hitch up my jeans, place one foot upon a wooden crate and run a small comb through my magnificent mustache whenever I say these 3 words.)

Imagine asking you're parents for a JIZZ-MONDO. .. ... .... ..... ...... ....... ........ ......... ..........

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

I have never heard that, but I may be wrong.  PSX was definitely a different console tho, Japan exclusive.

Links? I'm just asking because for a lot of people, PS 1 = PSX, but then I keep hearing the other argument, yet never see information exactly about it.

This is a rather interesting question which I had never really given any thought to.  Sure, some consoles have had weird names but I've never thought about which is the best.

I have to admit, "Sega Saturn" did always have a satisfying punch to it.  However, Sega Dreamcast sounds cooler.  Hard to pick between them.

I'll have to disagree with those of you who voted Gamecube, Xbox and even PlayStation.  All have pretty lame names imo.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 12:11 AM, Webhead123 said:

Turbografx, man! It's a console so amazingly hip, powerful and blazingly-fast that there's not even enough time to spell "graphics" correctly.

spacer.png

Jokes aside I have to go with that. 

Or Nintendo Revolution

This thread in general just makes me think of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series lol. Speaking of...

On 4/11/2021 at 2:30 PM, SilverspoonGaming said:

I have always loved the name of the Sega Saturn.  Atari Jaguar would be my 2nd place finisher, but Sega had great names for a little while in the 90's as Genesis was a solid name, and 32X sounded cool, but the Saturn is the ultimate console name.  Had the Neptune been released, I dont feel like it sounds as good.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:31 AM, nrslam said:

I like those, too, but Sega also had the Mark III, Sega CD, and 32X. They were pretty hit and miss.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:32 PM, TDIRunner said:

Honestly, Sega probably does have the best console names with Genesis and Saturn being some of my favorites.  Jaguar is up there as well.  Of course, I like PlayStation as well.  Xbox is a great name as well, but every Microsoft console name since then has been a mess.  

On 4/15/2021 at 6:17 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

I thought Sega did a great job of naming consoles without coming off as if they're too edgy. Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast still hold up today. Although the 32x was pretty shit name. 

All this talk of Sega and no mention of the MASTER SYSTEM?!Sega Master System: The Most Underrated Console of the 80s | Den of Geek

As far as names go that's like the super secret hidden boss of video game consoles 😛 respect on it's name!

On 4/13/2021 at 1:11 AM, Webhead123 said:

Turbografx, man! It's a console so amazingly hip, powerful and blazingly-fast that there's not even enough time to spell "graphics" correctly.

spacer.png

XxTurbogafxX would've been far superior, channel that AOL Messenger energy

Not enough Z's for my personal taste anyway!

Edited by SpoonMan Abrams X